grim22

Teen Titans Go! to the Movies | WB | July 27 2018 | Animated movie

3 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

Is there a joke I'm missing with Arnett as Slade?

I assume the joke the movie's trying to make is giving this super intimidating character a dry, normal-sounding voice. At least that's what I assume, because why else would you get Will Arnett as your villain?

Edited by CoolEric258
  • Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks referencing Deadpool in a kid’s movie is a little odd? 

Anyway, I guess if you like The LEGO Batman Movie (which I have no interest in ever seeing), you might like this. It at least doesn’t look as bad as The Emoji Movie. 

7 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Am I the only one who thinks referencing Deadpool in a kid’s movie is a little odd? 

Wouldn't be surprised if some parents took their kiddos to see DP (I certainly wouldn't)

Plus Deadpool has been in lots of kid media before (ultimate spiderman, Lego Marvel)

It's also possible they're trying to attract the adult comic book crowd. There's a lot of references to characters that kids wouldn't know/care about.

Side Note: Is it me or does DP2 look less raunchy than the first. Even the redband trailers have less swearing 

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun

53 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Anyway, I guess if you like The LEGO Batman Movie (which I have no interest in ever seeing), you might like this. It at least doesn’t look as bad as The Emoji Movie. 

He's actually very popular with the 10-14 year-old crowd this movie is aiming at.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

He's actually very popular with the 10-14 year-old crowd this movie is aiming at.

Pretty sure this movie is aiming a little younger. Like 6-12

Fun Fact Deadpool was rated 14 in Canada, they tend to be more lenient. Logan was 18 though, I can see why, it's far more dark/violent. 

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun

2 hours ago, Arlborn said:

That is way too old. I’d say it’s more for kids 4-9.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AJG said:

That is way too old. I’d say it’s more for kids 4-9.

2 hours ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

Pretty sure this movie is aiming a little younger. Like 6-12

Fun Fact Deadpool was rated 14 in Canada, they tend to be more lenient. Logan was 18 though, I can see why, it's far more dark/violent. 

Huh, alright then, point taken!

• Like 1

Don't listen to those people. While I'm sure a large chunk of the audience is younger than 10, the 10-22 yr old demo watches cartoons A LOT. Which is why Spongebob stays a relevant meme.

I'd say most shows watched by teenagers are cartoons. Rick and Morty, Adventure Time, etc etc.

3 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Don't listen to those people. While I'm sure a large chunk of the audience is younger than 10, the 10-22 yr old demo watches cartoons A LOT. Which is why Spongebob stays a relevant meme.

I'd say most shows watched by teenagers are cartoons. Rick and Morty, Adventure Time, etc etc.

Oh I'm sure that there are 22 yr olds who watch this show. I'm one of them.

I was just saying that the TARGET demo is in the 4-10 area

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I found it more weird that I spotted at least two references to Watchmen in the background.

Also, did I mishear or was that Nicolas Cage as Superman? Because if so, kudos on that casting choice, movie.

• Like 3