grim22

Teen Titans Go! to the Movies | WB | July 27 2018 | Animated movie

Would've been really nice to have a breakout there for much the same reason people were hyped for A Wrinkle in Time. I think it's legitimately the most evolved and progressive cartoon currently running. A shame the movie was so shallow and sloppy.

It's hard for me to muster up that same kind of enthusiasm for the rote juvenility TTG comes off as. I guess it would be nice to keep the 2D life support running that MLP kind of got started again but these weren't the kinds of movies I had in mind.

So, I found my spouse (the guy who didn't even know ICOI opened last week) hyping this movie to my boys this morning and I literally said, "You're gonna pay $12/ticket to take them to the theater to see this?"...and he paused and said "Well, it will get to the $2 theater eventually."  Sigh...so I don't know if this is a good or bad sign for this one...nor do I have any idea why he would hype this one over Incredibles 2.  Yeah, he's a supers fan, but he loved #1 (of course, he probably doesn't know that one's releasing yet, either:)...

If it wasn't for the kids, I'd totally see this at the first-run theater. But my first run theaters don't cost 12$ a pop so, yeah, holding off for the second-run would be better. But we don't have one anymore so yeah....rental it is.

I get it, it's for them, so I'm not super bitter or anything. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Morieris said:

If it wasn't for the kids, I'd totally see this at the first-run theater. But my first run theaters don't cost 12$ a pop so, yeah, holding off for the second-run would be better. But we don't have one anymore so yeah....rental it is.

I get it, it's for them, so I'm not super bitter or anything. 

Yeah, it's cheap Tuesday (for $6) or 1st show of the day for $6.75 at a few of the 1st runs...outside this, it's pretty much $11+ everywhere (and when you add on Fandango fees, you get $12+)...

I so want a family subscription movie pass...I may jump on Sinemia for the summer if one doesn't show, b/c I could easily do a 2 person subscription for both my spouse and I and find 2 movies to see each month easily (one for the younger kids and one for the older kids)...that would take the sting off the prices...

4 hours ago, November Treejax said:

What on earth is this. How many different comic book universes are there on TV simultaneously? 

arrowverse-cw-e1510058610277-780x405.jpg

black-lightning.png?fit=1200,630

GOTHAM_PUBLICITY-700x380.jpg

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdl

646026.jpg

marquee_56e08c5c327540.55115688.jpg

And soon another half dozen different live action and animated universes will be introduced on DC's upcoming streaming service.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 2

4 hours ago, StevenG said:

If you call this 'juvenile' and 'rote' but enjoy stuff like GOTG, Thor Ragnarok and Deadpool (all of which I loved, btw), you are a hypocrite and are simply biased because it's a cartoon.

None of those marketed themselves with a prolonged fart joke. Really, don't talk to me about anti-cartoon bias. 

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

On 3/25/2018 at 8:39 AM, tribefan695 said:

None of those marketed themselves with a prolonged fart joke. Really, don't talk to me about anti-cartoon bias. 

So-called fart jokes are not the only kind of joke that can be called juvenile, infantile, and all-around "dumb"; all the films I mentioned had plenty of those. Heck, The Incredibles had plenty of "dumb" humor. Maybe it's a DC bias or a non-Disney bias, but it's really dumb to claim that the fart joke somehow makes TTG "dumber" than all the other stuff. 

It's just double standards...like saying that we hate "unoriginal" films like Avatar but then enjoying 99 % of the films out there, none of which is original.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:45 PM, Spidey Freak said:

arrowverse-cw-e1510058610277-780x405.jpg

black-lightning.png?fit=1200,630

GOTHAM_PUBLICITY-700x380.jpg

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdl

646026.jpg

marquee_56e08c5c327540.55115688.jpg

And soon another half dozen different live action and animated universes will be introduced on DC's upcoming streaming service.

Which is fine for a niche audience,but will be confusing to the G.A.

Of course I think that the DC streaming service is targeted specifically at the hardcore fans.so it's a moot point.

• Like 1