Alli

Weekend thread | IT Floats again in its 4th weekend: 17.3M...Cruise and Kingsman fight it out for 2nd: 17.016 and 17.0

4.) The Lego Ninjago Movie (WB), 4,047 theaters / $2.6M Fri. (-56%) /3-day cume: $11.5M (-44%)/Total: $35M/Wk 2

STORKS fell 37% to 13.5m and then added 34.2m more to it's run. That's 2.53x the 2nd weekend.

If NINJAGO does the same it will have a final dom of 35 + 2.53*11.5 = 64.1m.

But it could continue to miss the legs of STORKS and end up lower than 64m.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

MAG7 in 2nd weekend (same weekend last year. R-rated):

THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN (2016)

Sony / Columbia

$4,605,337

+114% / $1,253

$50,511,238 / 8

$6,987,266

+51.7% / $1,902

$57,498,504 / 9

$4,034,280

-42.3% / $1,098

$61,532,784 / 10

15.6m (-55%)  weekend and added 31.9m more to it's cume. That's 2.05x the 2nd weekend.

If K2 has those legs after a 16.5m (-57.7%) 2nd weekend and 66.2 cume it will do 66.2 + 16.5*2.05 = 100.025 :lol:

Considering the 2nd weekend of K2 fell harder than MAG7 being a sequel, it could miss those legs (all things like reception being the same).

But as long as it does 98m+ or so the studio will give it a push to 100m.

Edited by a2knet

I was so right when I said long time ago that Kings 2 would do less than Kings 1 but many here were saying 140+ HAHAHA

Jesus people don't understand pulse of the audience. Gone are the days that a sequel to a good movie will increase over the first one unless it was a phenomena or something. Even then there is no guarantee because you have to also see whether the first one peaked at the BO or not.

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

regardless of it being the lowest #1 weekend result of the year (which I think it would be)

Didn't we just have the worst weekend in a decade or something like that just a week or two before It came out?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, aabattery said:

The only thing deader than Flatliners is this thread. Gotta be the smallest number of pages for a weekend thread that we've had in a while.

yes. but tbh, a Cruise-Liman wide release struggling to beat IT's 4th weekend in the ow is pretty fun.

10 minutes ago, XO21 said:

Yikes Kingsmen...however Deadline could be off

Well nobody actually knows what the weekend numbers are going to be right now. All they can do is go by similar comparisons to other films. I don't think Kingsmen is going to increase much more than IT will on Saturday seeing as they are both are rated movies. I think both of them should have about a 50% increase. So it's definitely going to be

• Like 2

Battle of the Sexes is doing just fine for an indie with a mainstream cast that is well-reviewed but doesn't have much in the way of Oscar buzz (I saw the movie yesterday and while Stone and Carell are great in it, I'll be surprised if either goes anywhere beyond the Golden Globes). Let's see if it has legs, lucky for the film that it's a crowdpleaser.

AMERICAN MADE (2017) CS_B+.png
FLATLINERS (2017) CS_B-.png

That B- looks gold considering Mother! got an F.

Also looking at audience scores on RT, Flatliners is 44% and Mother! is 46%.

Critics scores are vastly different - 0% for Flatliners and 67% fresh for Mother!.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1