Alli

Weekend thread | IT Floats again in its 4th weekend: 17.3M...Cruise and Kingsman fight it out for 2nd: 17.016 and 17.0

2 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

Hopefully they spread out their animated films most of the time by say at least 8 months. God knows the market is already chock-full of them. 

I like that y'all are discussing about their animation projects so early but I think WB and Universal are the only folks that can still do fine without Animation and Superheroes respectively (they have been for the better part of the decade) since they have or will find the next best alternative and especially for WAG its fine that will garner some potential hits and its good to have another franchise stream but even if it doesn't their other movies will make up for it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

I like that y'all are discussing about their animation projects so early but I think WB and Universal are the only folks that can still do fine without Animation and Superheroes respectively (they have been for the better part of the decade) since they have or will find the next best alternative and especially for WAG its fine that will garner some potential hits and its good to have another franchise stream but even if it doesn't their other movies will make up for it.

True. I just think their animated films could be more successful, and there's definitely a scheduling issue with them.

14 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

How the fuck does every single weekend thread end up having like 10 pages of talking about all the animated movies coming out over the next two years?

Well they keep making them. For me and a few other users we just can't stop talking about animation. It's often quite great sometimes, it's impossible not to talk about, you know. 

Plus this weekend thread is dead otherwise. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

15 hours ago, NamakFiskKa said:

And what I don't need is you remaking all your fairytales imaginable but I don't think people care (and that is the part which will come to bite Hollywood)

In that sentence who are the people and what the do not care about what exactly, and how will it come to bite Hollywood ? (Serious question, I do not understand what you mean)

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Barnack said:

In that sentence who are the people and they do not care about what exactly, and how will it come to bite Hollywood ? (Serious question, I do not understand what you mean)

Referring BaTB/other inevitable remakes and SW movies

19 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Referring BaTB/other inevitable remakes and SW movies

I thought it was the Lion kings, Beauty, Cinderella, etc... bunch, what I do not get is who do not care, do not care about what exactly and how it will bite Hollywood.

5 hours ago, That One Guy said:

How the fuck does every single weekend thread end up having like 10 pages of talking about all the animated movies coming out over the next two years?

THANK YOU. It's the same shit being discussed every single weekend. There's no variety to it.

• Like 1

Looking at the industry estimates versus what the studios gave us, the math this morning shows $17.1M for It, $16.97M for Kingsman: Golden Circle, and $16.85Mfor American Made. There is a chance that Kingsman could trump It; currently this morning, Kingsman is -43% for Sunday, versus -51% for American Made and -53% for It. 

Sunday holds according to deadline

(estimated vs real)

IT -43.6 vs -53%

K2 -39.7 vs -43%

AM -35% vs -51% :lol:

^^^ Good for K2 that it's really at 17m vs 16m.

Just 33.3m away from 100m after a 17m weekend pretty much locks it, especially since the studio will 'interfere' if it's very close.

Edited by a2knet

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

^^^ Good for K2 that it's really at 17m vs 16m.

Just 33.3m away from 100m after a 17m weekend pretty much locks it, especially since the studio will 'interfere' if it's very close.

I doubt it, it's likely gonna get very hard again by Blade Runner this upcoming weekend and will only continue to fade quickly from there as a plethora of new releases over the next few weeks push it out of theaters. Thinking it finishes with about $97M or thereabouts.

19 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I doubt it, it's likely gonna get very hard again by Blade Runner this upcoming weekend and will only continue to fade quickly from there as a plethora of new releases over the next few weeks push it out of theaters. Thinking it finishes with about $97M or thereabouts.

If it gets close enough they will try to push it over the mark 

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Minimum imo (current cume 66.60m with a 16.90m weekend),

Just the remaining weekends

8.5 (-50%) + 4.5 (-47%) + 2.7 (-40%) + 1.5 (-44%) + 0.9 (-40%) + 0.55 (-39%) + 0.3 (-45%) + 0.15 (-50%) + 0.45 (rest including dollar bump) = 19.6m

Remaining weekdays (last Mon-Thu was 10.7m and the Sun-Sun drop is 50%) :

5.35 (-50%) + 2.8 (-48%) + 1.6 (-43%) + 0.9 (-44%) + 0.5 (-44%) + 0.25 (-50%) + 0.1 (-60%) + 0.3 (rest including dollar bump) = 11.8m

That gives 66.6 + 19.6 + 11.8 = 98m total

And I think I have been over-conservative especially with the weekdays. It can end at 97-98m but that would the pessimistic case. ~101m seems likely.

Edited by a2knet

Monday AM: It’s hard to remember when we last had a fierce weekend at the box office, but it’s going down like the 2000 presidential election recount in Florida. “Liar” is a word that rival distribution heads are using to refer to one another as in the past 24 hours. Distributors have submitted their early morning estimates, and it shows that 20th Century/MARV’s Kingsman: The Golden Circle is leading No. 1 with $16.975M, followed by New Line/Warner Bros.’ It in second with $16.93M.

Universal/Cross Creek’s Tom Cruise movie American Made is third with $16.758M. This is per the studio’s own early AM figures.

http://deadline.com/2017/10/tom-cruise-emma-stone-american-made-battle-of-the-sexes-flatliners-weekend-box-office-1202179279/

• Like 1