aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

I love reserved seating.

I typically stroll in a couple minutes before the movie with the perfect seats waiting for my group.

And I don't miss reading movie trivia for ten minutes followed by 20 minutes of loud ads and redundant trailers just to get half decent seats.

Not even a little bit.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Since you brought it up, I have questions. :thinking:

Are you enrolled by the month or year?  What if you don't use it for a month or two, do you still need to pay for it? 

An earlier version only allowed you to watch a film once.  Does that still hold?

I'm on the monthly plan. Yes, you pay for it whether you use it or not. They automatically charge your card every month. 

Hmmm not sure about that actually. I know you can watch a movie every 24hrs but not sure if it can't be the same one. I'll have to look that up. You can go on the website and look under their FAQ section. 

I know you can't buy tickets in advance like for early Thursday night showings. You have to purchase them the day of the showing you want to go to and you can't use it for 3D, IMAX or any other specialty and large format showings. 2d non IMAX only. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

I love reserved seating.

I typically stroll in a couple minutes before the movie with the perfect seats waiting for my group.

And I don't miss reading movie trivia for ten minutes followed by 20 minutes of loud ads and redundant trailers just to get half decent seats.

Not even a little bit.

Yep. I just discovered the joys of reserved seating. My local theater doesn't have it but one that does opened up recently about 20 minutes from us so we started going there instead. It has the reclining seats and they come to you for your food and drink orders. We love it!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Big issue with MoviePass is you can't use it on IMAX/PLF films.  You can't use it for 3D either but no one gives a shit.

The US needs to get up to speed with the UK (Cineworld Unlimited, Odeon Limitless) we can use our member cards all movies are free, 3D is free after 1 year, £1.50 extra for IMAX/4DX/SuperScreen. 

Even the new VIP service is way cheaper with the unlimited cards. 

You can book 3 films at a time in advance, pick your seats, use your phone as a ticket, 25% off all food and drink, member only screenings, early previews and secret screenings. 

All for £17 a month. 

Edited by Krissykins

Just now, cookie said:

I don't understand how reserved seating can be such a recent invention in the states. I've been using it over here for well over a decade.

I can count on my fingers the number of times I've been to places that didn't have reserved seating. 

8 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I can count on my fingers the number of times I've been to places that didn't have reserved seating. 

The only places I haven't seen use it are specialty/art theaters. Granted pretty much every large theater or multiplex in Sweden is owned by the same company nowadays but they've had the system in place for as long as I can remember.

Edited by cookie

23 minutes ago, cookie said:

The only places I haven't seen use it are specialty/art theaters. Granted pretty much every large theater or multiplex in Sweden is owned by the same company nowadays but they've had the system in place for as long as I can remember.

I don't remember seeing something like that in France, not in theaters I know...Reserved seating is a weird concept but if people are ready to pay for that well...

1 hour ago, cookie said:

I don't understand how reserved seating can be such a recent invention in the states. I've been using it over here for well over a decade.

It's been here my entire life. Kind of wild watching people argue about it. 

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

I don't remember seeing something like that in France, not in theaters I know...Reserved seating is a weird concept but if people are ready to pay for that well...

Its been the norm in Germany for years. Some showings sell out purely by reserved seatings, especially in OD/OW of franchise films.

For the most part, people tend to obey reserved seating here. The only time people have actually fought over seats was back in June at The Mummy when AMC's reserved seating system was down for the weekend and some bought their tickets several days in advance. Recently when I was At Kingsman, the couple next to me decided to move one row up, and shortly after that, the people who had those seats came in but let the couple keep those seats. I would NEVER stand for that shit.