aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

1 minute ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

Assuming you've got a theater with a lot of screenings showing Star Wars opening day, I think you could probably get there earlier in the day and purchase your ticket for that night using MoviePass without too much trouble.

(I saw Blade Runner last night, and went to the theater around noon to buy friends' tickets, and then used my MoviePass to buy mine, just selecting a seat next to the ones I had already bought.)

Nah, this is a 200M+ opener we're talking about :lol: 

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

If I see a non-tentpole at my theater with reserved seating in the future then I need to make a mental note to myself to go to the theater and use MoviePass for the tickets that morning so I actually get good seats.  When I saw American Made I was forced to sit up front since those were the only seats available.

see this is why reserved seating is dumb

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Big issue with MoviePass is you can't use it on IMAX/PLF films.  You can't use it for 3D either but no one gives a shit.

eh my theatre doesn't have an IMAX screen so not really much of a deterrent for me

My only concern with The Last Jedi is when I'm seeing it in IMAX. I want to see it by myself on opening night, but my dad is also looking forward to it. IDK if I should see it twice on OW or wait to see it again in January because it'll have IMAX for at least a month. Pointe Orlando only has one IMAX 2D showing per day on OW in the morning, so tickets will probably be super hard to get.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

My only concern with The Last Jedi is when I'm seeing it in IMAX. I want to see it by myself on opening night, but my dad is also looking forward to it. IDK if I should see it twice on OW or wait to see it again in January because it'll have IMAX for at least a month. Pointe Orlando only has one IMAX 2D showing per day on OW in the morning, so tickets will probably be super hard to get.

I think you have plenty of time to decide.

5 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

Assuming you've got a theater with a lot of screenings showing Star Wars opening day, I think you could probably get there earlier in the day and purchase your ticket for that night using MoviePass without too much trouble.

(I saw Blade Runner last night, and went to the theater around noon to buy friends' tickets, and then used my MoviePass to buy mine, just selecting a seat next to the ones I had already bought.)

Easier said than done when you're theater's biggest auditorium has like 200-250 seats at most.

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Already have plans to see it in IMAX on the opening Friday.  Shame the IMAX is 3d though :( 

Blade runner did exactly as expected, having just read a few predictions for the weekend I can't believe there were some people predicting 50+. 30M is fine... though I hadn't realised the budget was quite so high. Serves Sony right tbh.

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

If I see a non-tentpole at my theater with reserved seating in the future then I need to make a mental note to myself to go to the theater and use MoviePass for the tickets that morning so I actually get good seats.  When I saw American Made I was forced to sit up front since those were the only seats available.

This is why I'm not bothering with Moviepass. Like I said a week or two ago, you're testing your luck in person unless it's super late into a movie's run or it's a bomb.

1 minute ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

At the current price point, even if you only successfully use it one night a month, it pays for itself.

My local theater just got it which is why I'm now interested.  A regular ticket is $16:50.   MP is cheaper than the matinee.

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I watched Rogue One twice within 24 hours on opening day and the second day of release with 2 different groups of friends. Both times were in 3D (IMAX 3D second time) and we had no problem getting seats. It was probably the most fun I've had at the cinema in a long time.

I think you could definitely see it by yourself and then see it with your dad as well in a short timespan. 

• ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

I watched Rogue One twice within 24 hours on opening day and the second day of release with 2 different groups of friends. Both times were in 3D (IMAX 3D second time) and we had no problem getting seats. It was probably the most fun I've had at the cinema in a long time.

man I thought watching Rogue One once was gonna bore me to death

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

man I thought watching Rogue One once was gonna bore me to death

It wasn't necessarily the movie. More or less the experience of seeing something twice within 24 hours. During the second viewing, I trolled my friends by having a smirk on my face for a majority of the running time. Kept them on edge throughout :lol:

1 minute ago, Rorschach said:

It wasn't necessarily the movie. More or less the experience of seeing something twice within 24 hours. During the second viewing, I trolled my friends by having a smirk on my face for a majority of the running time. Kept them on edge throughout :lol:

I mean sure.... but you know I'd rather watch something that's... you know... actually good twice in 24 hours