aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

15 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Isn't it amazing that Columbus went in the exact opposite direction than he intended too. Did no one tell him, "dude, this doesn't look like the spice route. That Taco Bell should not have been there". Celebrate a guy who fucked up immensely. It's like someone in Wisconsin wants to see the Statue of Liberty and uses maps to end up in the Denver Public Library.

Yeah but I got the day off tho

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

You do realize You're essentially giving me the opinion that you called me a troll for giving two years ago. Proof I'm ahead of the curve on everything. You assimilated on Star Wars and you'll soon assimilate on Blade Runner.

I didn't know I emotionally impacted you that badly 2 years ago  I forgot what I ate this morning . get with the times, I used to be emotionally attached to opinions about films like batman movies and Nolan movies but now I just like them without them emotionally affecting me as one of the reasons to be happy or sad. I don't go after rotten tomatoes critics like i used to, I have grown up . for the most part they are just movies you win and you lose and most if it is just opinion . learn the lesson I got and accept not all changing and differing opinions are trolling . I might just play along my old style to rile people up or old times sake but I have moved on from being like a kid, you should too. For example I joked about contacting RT regarding a review , I didn't like old times but I joke aboutnit here and other forums just to make folks laugh. Sorry that blade runner flopped 

Edited by hasanahmad
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, Jayhawk said:

In all seriousness, I thought this was because the replicants (or at least some of them) were supposed to be made super-strong.

Oh they're all stronger than normal humans. Doesn't take away from Deckard being clowned by them each instance.

• Like 1

I hope Kingsman2's 39% Sunday drop is closer to 25% with actuals. Probably that's too wishful. But a 25% drop on Sunday would give it an 8.5 weekend and a 80.5 cume, and would leave it 19.5 away from 100. Still not locked but every penny counts eh?

There is no great Star Wars or Star Trek film.

Take RotJ for example...some love it because of nostalgia and that's it. Otherwise, aside from the final confrontation (but lol at Vader finally turning good at the very end)...it's painfully mediocre throughout most of it and outright awful with the Ewoks.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Take RotJ for example...some love it because of nostalgia and that's it. Otherwise, aside from the final confrontation (but lol at Vader finally turning good at the very end)...it's painfully mediocre throughout most of it and outright awful with the Ewoks.

Another hot take:

JJ’s Star Trek >> regular boring Star Trek

22 minutes ago, Noctis said:

It depends how you define great.

Seems like you're using great to describe a perfect film though it could be argued the flaws of the original Star Wars films are part of their timeless charm.

• Like 1

90% of Star Wars' appeal nowadays is nostalgia.

Proven when audiences in China first saw the OT recently in theaters and pointed out how dated they were, how the actors weren't good looking enough, and how they had zero attachment to the characters.

"The character design is weak, the leading actress is not beautiful, the leading actor is not handsome and action scenes are like children fighting"
http://time.com/3924061/star-wars-china-debut/

No SW nostalgia in China, so TFA preformed like a typical Hollywood blockbuster there (like BvS).

18 minutes ago, AJG said:

Another hot take:

JJ’s Star Trek >> regular boring Star Trek

...this is a hot take? Seems quite cold to me. Unless my take was also hot from the start and I didn't knew :thinking:

7 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

"The character design is weak, the leading actress is not beautiful, the leading actor is not handsome and action scenes are like children fighting"

No SW nostalgia in China, so TFA preformed like a typical Hollywood blockbuster there (like BvS).

Bloody hell, China...

10 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

90% of Star Wars' appeal nowadays is nostalgia.

Proven when audiences in China first saw the OT recently in theaters and pointed out how dated they were, how the actors weren't good looking enough, and how they had zero attachment to the characters.

It's similar in India, Star Wars missed the 2 big expansion periods in India, the mid 80s to late 90s with the economy opening and then the mid 2000s with multiplexes coming up.

TFA made 4M in India and Rogue One did 1.1M, those are numbers CBMs make on OW and OD in India. The franchise never got a foothold in the market and releases at the worst time when it gets killed by local movies over the holidays.

• Like 1