Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend topic: BOM || Happy Death Day: $26.5M || Blade Runner: $15.1M || The Foreigner: $12.8M || IT: $6M || Annabelle: Creation at $300m WW

4 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Do people that liked the Wonder Woman movie even know that this Professor Marston movie exists?

No because Annapurna spent no money marketing it. No a single tv spot or billboard or promotion. No premiere. I never even saw a single preview for it before a film. 

All they did was put the actors on tv talk shows. 

5 minutes ago, Frozen said:

No because Annapurna spent no money marketing it. No a single tv spot or billboard or promotion. No premiere. I never even saw a single preview for it before a film. 

All they did was put the actors on tv talk shows. 

Aka the reason Annapurana won't get the Bond rights in all likelihood. Them distributing Detroit and this is probably their test run for EON.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Aka the reason Annapurana won't get the Bond rights in all likelihood. Them distributing Detroit and this is probably their test run for EON.

Universal is really gunning for the Bond rights to make a stunt show in Florida. Insiders are saying that's the #1 choice for Terminator's replacement if they get the rights, otherwise it'll be Bourne.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

Breathe looks horrendous. Every time the corny ass trailer gets to him saying "I don't want to survive, I want to live!!" like it's some original inspiring thing, I crack up. What a bunch of schlock.

maybe they thought what's good enough for 12 Years a Slave is good enough for us

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

So Kingsman looks to be about 10.5m short of 100m but will take a sizable theater hit next week. Guess Fox will have to drag it kicking and screaming

After a weekend just over 5, 10.5 shouldn't be difficult. But yeah might need a push. Even without that can't see less than 98-99 with the dollar bump:

Remaining weekends combined, 2.5 (-52%) + 1.35 (-46%) + 0.8 (-41%) + 0.45 (-44%) + 0.8 (Rest including dollar bump) = ~6

Which gives remaining weekdays ~3.5 combined. that would take it to 89.5 + 6 + 3.5 = 99

So should at least do 98-99...fudge-worthy enough.

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I don’t think Annapurna are likely simply because they couldn’t handle something on the scale of Bond not to mention they don’t have OS distribution for any of their films 

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I think WB or New Line getting Bond rights.

Bond is too big to go under New Line as Bond is co-financing and distribution 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, a2knet said:

After a weekend just over 5, 10.5 shouldn't be difficult. But yeah might need a push. Even without that can't see less than 98-99 with the dollar bump:

Remaining weekends combined, 2.5 (-52%) + 1.35 (-46%) + 0.8 (-41%) + 0.45 (-44%) + 0.8 (Rest including dollar bump) = ~6

Which gives remaining weekdays ~3.5 combined. that would take it to 89.5 + 6 + 3.5 = 99

So should at least do 98-99...fudge-worthy enough.

It's going to die on the weekend of Thor's release. Find 41% to be unrealistic there tbh

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YourMother said:

Not to buy into the whole Disney are evil, greedy bastards and creatively draining with shitty films crowd, (especially when everything outside of their live action arm is good to excellent in terms of quality) but I don't like some of their practices. May 2018 is example. Having both Avengers and Star Wars scares off like everything else in May.

yeah, they are consistent. They don't create greatness but they don't create turds either, most of the time. I'd say their big franchise movies have "agreeable quality". They are not going to be timeless classics but you don't feel cheated for spending money to see them at the cinema either. They are at least good. I know that Pixar has supposedly made masterpieces but I'm not into animation so I can't say. I just know that The Brave was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. WTF did I watch? 

• Like 1