Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Started watching HBO's The Leftovers and holy shitballs it's good. Season 2 is a stone cold masterpiece so far. Put Carrie Coon in more things @Hollywood !!!!

[also now I'm hyped as fuck for Lindelof's take on Watchmen next year on HBO]

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, TMP said:

Started watching HBO's The Leftovers and holy shitballs it's good. Season 2 is a stone cold masterpiece so far. Put Carrie Coon in more things @Hollywood !!!!

[also now I'm hyped as fuck for Lindelof's take on Watchmen next year on HBO]

LEFTOVERS is GOAT-level. The last few episodes of Season 2 particularly so.

• Like 3

Just now, Telemachos said:

LEFTOVERS is GOAT-level. The last few episodes of Season 2 particularly so.

It really does feel like Lindelof finally hitting his true potential, no stumbles like Lost's later seasons and no well-intentionend misfires like Prometheus/Tomorrowland. Really excited to see his net project, especially since he's adapting something that's pretty much unadaptable imo

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

every scene that's john travolta and stacy keach talking about the CRIME FAMILIES is the most confusing shit. the most info overload i've had in a movie i needed to break out the pen and paper to keep track. they keep talking about some guy paul they need to kill and i thought i knew who paul was but in the next scene john travolta's talking to that guy saying "fuck paul" so i'm just like wait who the fuck is paul?????

I think I miss too much not reading constantly the conversation.... threads, but why did you chose the movie as a birthday film? Fast glance at IMDb seems to imply a movie with a very specific audience's interest (I am guessing local audience, or fans of crime...., and/or fans of actor xy...), according to rating not well received...

JB33 does write many non-scientific statements like they are facts. "We are supposed to eat meat." "We are supposed to be masculine and feminine." No. Different cultures see masculinity in different way, and people find their match irrespective of that.

As for meat thing, India exist. 40% or more than USA population, are vegetarian. And less than 30% eat meat regularly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Premium George said:

JB33 does write many non-scientific statements like they are facts. "We are supposed to eat meat." "We are supposed to be masculine and feminine." No. Different cultures see masculinity in different way, and people find their match irrespective of that.

As for meat thing, India exist. 40% or more than USA population, are vegetarian. And less than 30% eat meat regularly.

Not even going to go there. Just makes my blood boil. No political talk for me here.

8 birthdays today

1. CoolioD1

CoolioD1

2. fredybsb

fredybsb

(31 years old)
  3. JLinder

JLinder

(32 years old)
  4. Kosko

Kosko

(28 years old)
  5. mackey

mackey

(33 years old)
  6. Master Scottb

Master Scottb

(38 years old)
  7. shajibpall10

shajibpall10

(35 years old)
  8. TheGoodGrey

TheGoodGrey

(28 years old)

Just realised we can copy all birthdays ... ( term? we say birthdaychild even if its about an adult, but in direct translation that might be seen as insulting?) at once

So happy birthday to all who celebrate their birthday today!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Premium George said:

isolated-human-canine-on-blue-260nw-1810

2 hours ago, terrestrial said:

8 birthdays today

1. CoolioD1

CoolioD1

2. fredybsb

fredybsb

(31 years old)
  3. JLinder

JLinder

(32 years old)
  4. Kosko

Kosko

(28 years old)
  5. mackey

mackey

(33 years old)
  6. Master Scottb

Master Scottb

(38 years old)
  7. shajibpall10

shajibpall10

(35 years old)
  8. TheGoodGrey

TheGoodGrey

(28 years old)

Just realised we can copy all birthdays ... ( term? we say birthdaychild even if its about an adult, but in direct translation that might be seen as insulting?) at once

So happy birthday to all who celebrate their birthday today!

Note. 

@CoolioD1 

Ageless. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1