Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

27 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Who else here loves Red Robin? That's one of my favourite places too! God help me with their whiskey river burgers....

They’re ok.  When it comes to burgers I’d rather get it from a local restaurant 

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

they do it non-spicy as well. you can choose what level of spicy you want the chicken.

That sounds too confusing for me. think I'll stick with the chicken legend.

34 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Who else here loves Red Robin? That's one of my favourite places too! God help me with their whiskey river burgers....

They have the best onion rings. They sure do put a lot of relish on their cheeseburgers, though.

I began replaying Sonic Adventure yesterday night. It's not a perfect game, but there's an outdated charm to the game that I really like. Even with the limitations of its era, it managed to showcase the cutting edge aesthetic design that permeated the late 90s.

I almost wish I took the time to beat all of the platformers I got as a kid. So many games I'll never be able to finish as a student and a burgeoning adult...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Slambros said:

I began replaying Sonic Adventure yesterday night. It's not a perfect game, but there's an outdated charm to the game that I really like. Even with the limitations of its era, it managed to showcase the cutting edge aesthetic design that permeated the late 90s.

I almost wish I took the time to beat all of the platformers I got as a kid. So many games I'll never be able to finish as a student and a burgeoning adult...

I'm partial to Sonic Adventure over its sequel because it tries to replicate the visual style and atmosphere of the classic Sonic games more so than most other 3D Sonic games except Heroes and Lost World and does it better than those two. It deserves a remake with modern visuals and QoL improvements, but I'm not sure Sonic Team can be trusted to actually improve on the original with a remake.

• Like 1

I just watched them recently but I think The Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy might be my favourite trilogy after Linklater's Before trilogy, the LOTR trilogy, and the Toy Story trilogy. Those movies are insanely fun and have some of the most ridiculous action set-pieces I have seen in a modern blockbuster. I honestly don't think we will ever get films like those ever again. The closest is The Lone Ranger, which is also by Verbinski (the action set-pieces are just as bonkers as the ones in the POTC trilogy) but it had some really weird choices. Seems like Disney has been trying to replicate the magic of those movies with the spin-off films but failing terribly. You need someone like Gore Verbinski who can handle the action scenes, the wacky comedy, and the horror undertones.

BTW by trilogy I mean the movies with Swann and Turner. I would consider 4 and 5 (haven't seen them) spin-offs.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, DAR said:

So is the MCU the last big property hasn't received the nerd wrath?

captain marvel got some of it. probably only ran at about 50% capacity compared to star wars and GOT. wait until the avengers movie where she's the leader of the team for it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

captain marvel got some of it. probably only ran at about 50% capacity compared to star wars and GOT. wait until the avengers movie where she's the leader of the team for it.

Isn't The Eternals still having a gay superhero though? That's sure to be fun.