Jump to content
Water Bottle

Classic Conversation, now with added Teen Angst

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I find it odd Disney+ isn’t launching in the UK straight away but perhaps that’s due to Brexit. 

My guess is it's due to whatever licensing agreements Disney and Fox already have in place (mostly with sky). They're probably waiting for them to expire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone is talking about Death Stranding, but Control, which comes out next week, looks 10 times better. Whereas DS seems like pretentious nonsense, with a bunch of 'B' list actors in it, Control actually looks stylish, weird, and mysterious for real. I don't think nobody would bother with Stranding had Kojima's name not been attached to it.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

Everyone is talking about Death Stranding, but Control, which comes out next week, looks 10 times better. Whereas DS seems like pretentious nonsense, with a bunch of 'B' list actors in it, Control actually looks stylish, weird, and mysterious for real. I don't think nobody would bother with Stranding had Kojima's name not been attached to it.
 

Stop stealing my lines and adapting  it to video games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, TMP said:

I guess we got our Best Actor and Best Actress front-runners. ScarJo might get a double win if she's good in Jojo Rabbit too.

Laura Dern is more of a frontronner for supporting than either of those two for their respective categories. And I still don't see any acting noms for Jojo Rabbit.

Edited by lorddemaxus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ECbW6qKXoAASeA1?format=jpg&name=small

 

When you realize your career in Hollywood is past tense ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when she says goddamn you Cypher, doesn't it feel like its happening right now like they are a warehouse in this heat some distance down. 

like you can reach out and touch the movies location (maybe from the sound mixing).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

This is not scary at all. Nothing to see here.

 

 

 

 

Yeah, that's really bad. I'm so sorry (for all of us).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no words for what's going on in the Amazon right now. Apocalyptic is right. So, so, so sad and terrible. Humans really will be the architect of their own demise. We're the disease here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(light hearted funny pic, which is why I'm posting it here instead of one of the political threads)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This is gonna be so beautiful to watch Netflix loosing all its non Netflix content in the coming months/years.

 

I think it is called Karma.

 

Tic toc 

tic toc

tic toc

 

This is the sound of inevatibility.

 

Those scavengers deserve what will happen to them.

Stealing one century of content.

The nerve.

 

Vengeance is a dish best served cold.

 

Ka 'pla !

Edited by The Futurist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Stealing

That a way to call paying billions every year for it to a fully consenting party, what will you call Disney using Pixar, LucasArt, Fox, etc... content ?

Edited by Barnack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barnack said:

That a way to call paying billions every year for it to a fully consenting party, what will you call Disney using Pixar, LucasArt, Fox, etc... content ?

Should have been way way way more.

They sold their catalogues because they had no choice.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Porthos said:

(light hearted funny pic, which is why I'm posting it here instead of one of the political threads)

Solid film. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These Amazonian fires are amazing.  And my local news doesn’t talk about it.  This is devastating for us and they aren’t talking about it.  I see the pictures and it just shocks me how callous the rest of the world is in relation to the fires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey folks, I had my nose buried deep in some gaming the last few hours.  Any interesting news break today?

 

*checks*

 

 

 

WOW.  I certainly can't imagine any news topping THIS today!!!! :ohmygod:

Spoiler

:ph34r:  :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Hey folks, I had my nose buried deep in some gaming the last few hours.  Any interesting news break today?

 

*checks*

 

 

 

WOW.  I certainly can't imagine any news topping THIS today!!!! :ohmygod:

  Reveal hidden contents

 

Well we started the day believing negations between Disney and Sony over the future of Spider-man were still being ironed out. And it looks like we’re going to end the day believing negations between Disney and Sony over the future of Spider-man are still being ironed out.    

 

So... maybe Matrix will be the most impactful news of the day in terms of what future movies actually look like, even if it certainly got buried in terms of day 1 conversations/attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Hey folks, I had my nose buried deep in some gaming the last few hours.  Any interesting news break today?

 

*checks*

 

 

 

WOW.  I certainly can't imagine any news topping THIS today!!!! :ohmygod:

  Hide contents

:ph34r:  :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

 

lol it really does feel like Disney/Sony saw this, knew it was gonna be the big entertainment headline of the day, and were like "hold my fucking beer!"

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Well we started the day believing negations between Disney and Sony over the future of Spider-man were still being ironed out. And it looks like we’re going to end the day believing negations between Disney and Sony over the future of Spider-man are still being ironed out.    

 

So... maybe Matrix will be the most impactful news of the day in terms of what future movies actually look like, even if it certainly got buried in terms of day 1 conversations/attention.

And nothing interesting happened in between.    

 

Don’t check my post history.    

 

My account was... hijacked? Yes, that sounds right, hijacked.    

 

Spoiler

By my neurochemistry :sweat:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.