Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

My thoughts go out to everyone affected by the 8.0 in Alaska this morning. Entire west coast is on tsunami warning, and British Colombia/Vancouver Island/Haida Gwaii are in the red zone

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tree Billboards said:

5 days you mean?

Well, The Greatest Showman did have a 5-day start, but imo, due to the Monday after the 3-day being a holiday (Christmas Day), and since the 22-25 frame was counted as a 4-day weekend, I like to think of TGS as a 6-day opener, rather than 3, 4 or 5 days.

Finally finished Black Mirror S4. Another very good season, although it's a bit uneven. Metalhead is probably my favorite. The Trek episode, Hang the DJ, and Black Museum are all really good to great as well. ArkAngel and Crocodile are both good concepts that have pretty shallow execution. 

They ran some tests on my sister this morning.  She might not have pulmonary hypertension, there's some fluid near her heart that might be causing the issue.  The cardiologist wants to run some more tests over the next two weeks before he makes a diagnosis.  But he told they can treat what she may have.

• Like 4

Enjoyed The Post quite a bit. Although I will say that the end is very very rushed.

Also got a little chuckle at how the

Spoiler

ending felt like a Marvel post credit scene. Are they setting something up here? Because I’d see that shit.

1 minute ago, AJG said:

Enjoyed The Post quite a bit. Although I will say that the end is very very rushed.

Hide contents

ending felt like a Marvel post credit scene. Are they setting something up here? Because I’d see that shit.

I assume your spoiler-ed question is tongue in cheek? :P 

6 minutes ago, AJG said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

I was thinking the exact same thing. I'm down for a Berg Watergate film tho

• Like 1

Excerpts from this new Batman Gaslight animated movie:

”Harvey, you can be a real Jekyll and Hyde sometimes”

”Watch yourself, I’m nobodies pet”

”This is Ivy. Look out she’s poisonous”

It pretty much just goes on like this.

This is a tough one for me. I'd been going to the Sunshine since high school.

Many movies over many years with many people. Throw in the most respectful crowds in the city. You always knew everybody was there to shut the hell up and enjoy the movie just like you. Luckily, I was able to see A Ghost Story in July for one last feature. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/21/nyregion/sunshine-movie-theater-closing.html

2 hours ago, AJG said:

Reveal hidden contents

Haven't seen the movie but I hope you are joking. If you're not joking - yes the film is based on the events leading up to the subject of All The President's Men. There have been plenty of headlines about how The Post is an unofficial prequel.