Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

6 hours ago, filmlover said:

I was actually just wondering the same thing while watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall again a few days ago. Did Sex Tape pretty much kill his film career?

Cameron Diaz has RETIRED. Jason Segel hasn't been in a studio film since and the director followed it up with Sony's biggest movie ever. NO! #justice4jason

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

it's pretty short.

It was way too long. I just read on wikipedia that it's 95 minutes but it was still way too long, had at least two too many scenes in the second half.

Anyway that's not really what I meant. More because then it wouldn't be full of so many ridiculous plot holes and issues, and maybe it wouldn't matter that I dont care about any of the characters.

• Community Manager
2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

To an extent, I agree. Back when I was 11 or so and started learning about politics, I took right-wing views simply because my parents were Republicans (IE Obama is a terrible president, we need to be a country firmly in religion, gays are bad, etc). However, I started questioning why I believed that stuff not long after; of all things, the Chick Fil A controversy basically opened my eyes on more liberal views. I was also moving away from Catholicism for various reasons, and by the time I was 13, I had entirely different views than the rest of my family.

Keep in mind I started learning about what my political views and religious beliefs are at the onset of adolescence. At this college, almost everyone is 18+. By now, they should know about opposing viewpoints unless they were sheltered and/or homeschooled by their parents. Maybe at that point you've just been indoctrinated so much you can't stray away? idk

You are also really smart who values critical thinking. A lot of people, even some smart ones, don't value critical thinking. Those people won't challenge their own views and thus change or reinforce them. They won't accept opposing views as being legitimate. 

People on both sides are equally guilty about this. Although the right is far worse right now thanks to the whole racism, sexism, bigoted views that is currently prevalent.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

You are also really smart who values critical thinking. A lot of people, even some smart ones, don't value critical thinking. Those people won't challenge their own views and thus change or reinforce them. They won't accept opposing views as being legitimate. 

People on both sides are equally guilty about this. Although the right is far worse right now thanks to the whole racism, sexism, bigoted views that is currently prevalent.

Oh for sure. Hell, some people in our political thread are this way (not naming names :ph34r: ). 

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

I know there's a few Pillars of Eternity fans on this board, so I thought I would let them know about a pre-game Scavenger Hunt going on:

https://eternity.obsidian.net/scavenger/

32/55 codes have been found so far, with the PoE community centered on this thread over at the official PoE forum.   There are a total of ten pre-game items which can be eventually unlocked. Nothing over-powered near as I can tell. 

These codes had been popping up since this past January and the PoE forum had been tying themselves up in knots, trying to figure out what they are.  Well now we know. :D

(As of now, only going to work for Steam backers, but Obsidian is looking into how to get it to work for folks who have GoG)

@4815162342 @Water Bottle @Fullbuster @Arlborn @robertman2 @Deep Wang 

Oooh, thanks for the heads up.

I should check if I can switch my kickstarter copy to a Switch version.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, Porthos said:

I know there's a few Pillars of Eternity fans on this board, so I thought I would let them know about a pre-game Scavenger Hunt going on:

https://eternity.obsidian.net/scavenger/

32/55 codes have been found so far, with the PoE community centered on this thread over at the official PoE forum.   There are a total of ten pre-game items which can be eventually unlocked. Nothing over-powered near as I can tell. 

These codes had been popping up since this past January and the PoE forum had been tying themselves up in knots, trying to figure out what they are.  Well now we know. :D

(As of now, only going to work for Steam backers, but Obsidian is looking into how to get it to work for folks who have GoG)

@4815162342 @Water Bottle @Fullbuster @Arlborn @robertman2 @Deep Wang 

At least you didn't trigger @Trolltastic Tele by tagging him. He'd see the typography and go into a rage.

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

10 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I've spent a while trying to interpret this post. I got nada 

he got in trouble for holding a door open for someone bad hence association... like when peter holds the elevator for the carjacker in the first spider-man or something?

Edited by CoolioD1

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I've spent a while trying to interpret this post. I got nada 

A few friends of mine had to get gas for their car. They then went to get Taco Bell afterwards. Later in homeroom, I get a text from A to open the side door. Then we get approached by a security guard and are called into the vice principal. He said we had to leave early due to them sneaking off and me by association.

16 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

okay guys I have a spider in my room and am kinda freaking out

One of my housemates aren't here and the other is in the middle of playing games and won't come help

:poke:

would help if I could be london too far sorry

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

A few friends of mine had to get gas for their car. They then went to get Taco Bell afterwards. Later in homeroom, I get a text from A to open the side door. Then we get approached by a security guard and are called into the vice principal. He said we had to leave early due to them sneaking off and me by association.

i was close!

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

They sent you home early for that???

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

would help if I could be london too far sorry

Okay, I almost had a complete panic attack but after much trouble the spider is contained in an upside down that I refuse to move. Can spiders suffocate???

So I’m watching this anime movie in Netflix called “A Silent Voice” about a little deaf girl that goes to regular school and gets bullied.

Im 15 minutes in. I’m heartbroken. I’m angry. I’m devastated. I want vengeance. I want justice. This is an outrage. This is wrong. This is sick. 

Edit: Justice has been served. God is almighty.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Okay, I almost had a complete panic attack but after much trouble the spider is contained in an upside down that I refuse to move. Can spiders suffocate???

he could last a week in there buddy... best to get it over with now