Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

or alternatively debra winger from terms of endearment, holly hunter from broadcast news, the dog from as good as it gets and the kid from i'll do anything will be the new avengers introduced in Infinity War part 2 to beat thanos.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

or alternatively debra winger from terms of endearment, holly hunter from broadcast news, the dog from as good as it gets and the kid from i'll do anything will be the new avengers introduced in Infinity War part 2 to beat thanos.

Throw in the sandwich from Spanglish and we got a deal.

It can have the budget from How Do You Know to top it all off.

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

The nanny from Spanglish will show up in the post-credit scene.

So, I went and saw Thoroughbreds this afternoon (it just opened here last weekend for some reason, and it lasted a second week by some miracle). Three observations:

1.) The only other people in the auditorium were five senior citizens. Apart from the one lady who joined me in laughing at all the darkly humorous diabolical stuff, I'm not exactly sure what they thought they were going to get - a nice little movie about two teenage girls riding horses, maybe?

2.) After the trailer for Kings - the Rodney King Riots-centric period piece starring Halle Berry - one old guy bellowed out "PFFT... OBAMA-WORLD!" This town has a strong conservative streak and an equally strong aversion to anything that challenges said streak, but still, that was... just... hilariously and nonsensically random.

3.) This movie is going to be memed like crazy (no pun intended - RIP Anton Yelchin) when its audience finally finds it.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Webslinger said:

So, I went and saw Thoroughbreds this afternoon (it just opened here last weekend for some reason, and it lasted a second week by some miracle). Three observations:

1.) The only other people in the auditorium were five senior citizens. Apart from the one lady who joined me in laughing at all the darkly humorous diabolical stuff, I'm not exactly sure what they thought they were going to get - a nice little movie about two teenage girls riding horses, maybe?

2.) After the trailer for Kings - the Rodney King Riots-centric period piece starring Halle Berry - one old guy bellowed out "PFFT... OBAMA-WORLD!" This town has a strong conservative streak and an equally strong aversion to anything that challenges said streak, but still, that was... just... hilariously and nonsensically random.

3.) This movie is going to be memed like crazy (no pun intended - RIP Anton Yelchin) when its audience finally finds it.

We need to start an early campaign for that fucking rowing machine the dickhead stepfather uses throughout the movie in the Best Villain category at the BOT awards.

There was a listing for a random internship in some suburb of Boulder and I had to look up the location. 

I was like "Nice mountains...oh damn that looks like where I live but with mountains instead of beaches....downtown looks pretty nice, but honestly who wants to be here - wait they have an AMC 24?????"

tumblr_inline_p5u7e7cc_Cf1s4w1av_540.gif