Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

all these triflin fangirls have been tweeting about trying to edit his page. they need to lock edits to keep these trolls away!

Youve got fans

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

we need to do an Ocean's 12 bit where you pass off as Alden Elhemerrich to get into an exclusive club

We need to do an Ocean's Thirteen bit where we attach the Alden emoji to the forum emoji list, just like the bit in 13 where they add a fake nose to Matt Damon's nose.

FehN3Sp.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

TOG's 2008 revisiting thing recently got killed because of the top 100 movie lines thing. Which will be going on till the second half of July. Apparently you can't have two countdowns going on at the same time. You can plead with grim or whoever though I guess, for one by pointing out that movie lines and animated films aren't even remotely similar.

OK, I think I'll wait at least a month before posting a thread.

35 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I would also like to state for the record that I've seen Space Chimps 2, which probably makes me the only BOT member to have seen it.  Ask me anything

I’ve only seen a trailer.

🤮

I’ve grown tired of superhero movies in general. There’s a lot of good ones but for some reasons I feel tired of them mainly due to how much they’re making.

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I’ve grown tired of superhero movies in general. There’s a lot of good ones but for some reasons I feel tired of them mainly due to how much they’re making.

Still, remember to support Hawkguy next week.

16 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Mods, can you please unlock the Dora the Explorer thread? (I can't believe I had to say that) New info just came out about the movie.

Forgot about that.

Every month my friend and I do the TCM/Fathom Events.  Tonight was The Producers (the original).  It was fun.  We were the only ones in the theater.  I hadn't seen the original in years.  It holds up crazy well.  Zero Mostel is a beast of wit and self-hatred.  Gene Wilder is so manic and subtle, all at the same time.  Also The Producers is one of the best examples of the Musical version enriching the material.  I had to stop myself for a second; I was like, OH, right, we don't break out into song here.  Good times.  These screenings are probably the highlight of my moving going month.  The theater chain is doing Jaws in two weeks, so I'm thinking I'm definitely gonna hit that one up too. 

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

when your gf asks you to see a movie you weren't planning on seeing:kitschjob:

Do I recommend we see something... more interesting?

If it means a lot to her and she never asks you for stuff like that then just bite the bullet and do it for her. It's nice to do stuff like that for each other from time to time in a relationship. Also, if you end up doing it, make sure not to whine about every single detail in the movie and ruin her night, that's just stupid.

Now, if she always asks you to do stuff like that for her then sure, try to see if you guys can do something else instead.

disclaimer: Relationship advice from me should be taken with a giant grain of salt.

Edited by Arlborn