Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

watched Solo for a second time finally.  liked it more the second time.  with Star Wars repeats, it is always about collecting more and more the first few watches so the third and fourth viewings will probably be even better.

if anyone has ever struggled with social anxiety before and had a hard time with public speaking, I recommend going to drug rehab.  you can guinea pig the shit out of it by focusing completely on yourself and how you share.  you could train yourself to be a monster of a public speaker!

44 minutes ago, Morieris said:

when you see that there’s a hurricane coming toward you and your first thought is “time to steal 260$ million dollars”

Stay safe. I'm just missing this storm by a few days, so hopefully the damage isn't too severe when I'm up in Tallahassee on Sunday.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
12 hours ago, PANDA said:

I was browsing the internet to try and find some place where you could discuss aspects of faith.

Apparently these are rules on the Christian Forums

Reveal hidden contents

There's a statement of faith you must adhere to in order to participate in some of the forums

Reveal hidden contents

You aren't allowed to state "promotion" of homosexuality (and their definition of promotion includes a statement of inclusion

You also aren't allowed to "promote" any other religion, so if you're a Christian who has a multiple paths to salvation route, you're not allowed to share that belief pretty much.  Also, satanists aren't allowed period lol (no idea how they enforce that).

You are not allowed to speculate about the end of the world

You are not allowed to talk about exorcising demons

If you're an unorthodox Christian (me) you are only allowed to discuss your views in the "Controversial Theology" forum, you aren't even allowed to discuss Gnosticism, or debate the authority of Paul (lol at them saying Paul but not like Jesus lol, maybe it's because Paul is the one who included the anti-homosexuality verses)

Reveal hidden contents

I don't get the point of have an internet forum over a broad topic (Christianity) and then trying to apply strict rules over what people can discuss and how they represent themselves.  Truth shouldn't be afraid of investigation, yet most Christians seem to be incredibly scared of asking any questions about what they believe.

It's hard because many active Christians online  (and also in real life) have sadly adopted the idea that the left is the enemy. They delude themselves into thinking there's a war on Christianity when the vast majority of the left are also Christian. 

I'd say a more general religion forum is probably better? Like Religious Forums?

• Like 2

Guys time for advicw.

I have that cousin of mine who recently told me that she is dating a guy I have known for quite a while. More precisely we are very close friends with his sister.

A few days after, I was around and his sisterr told me that her brother is in a relationship with another girl for a long time.

I think there is some good possibility she is not updated on his love life but at the same time I will feel very guilty If the guy is messing with my cousin and I am not telling her anything.

I just don't know what's the best to do.

2 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

It's hard because many active Christians online  (and also in real life) have sadly adopted the idea that the left is the enemy. They delude themselves into thinking there's a war on Christianity when the vast majority of the left are also Christian. 

I'd say a more general religion forum is probably better? Like Religious Forums?

Yeah, I may look into that.  Especially since I’m not all that strict about my doctrine beyond the significance I put on a trinitarian Godhead.  Usually I’ll just browse reddit for specific topics, but reddit can often seem like a fundamental atheist fapfest.

I think I have more a Buddhist/Existentialist/Panthiestic philosophy with Christianity being my path.  Right now I’m visiting an Episcopalian just as a means to get out of those fundamentalist doctrines, they give room to doubt and have weird and changing beliefs.

There’s a lot of people who’d probably gain a lot from being on a Christian path, but the right wing fundamentalists put to many constraints on what it means to be Christian for it to really seem desirable to people.

4 hours ago, Brainbug said:

I dont like tomatoes. Every time i try them, its always the same result in me not enjoying them at all.

I vary on the tomato.  If it's in a sauce form I'm good.   Or if it's diced up for tacos or pico de gallo, good.   Put a slice or having it whole, no way.   

17 minutes ago, 75Live said:

@4815162342 @TwoMisfits

Ajayi out for remainder of the season for the Eagles.  Possible ACL

man, we can't catch a break this year.  I know repeating is difficult and we finally got the first one, but geez, this is tough

Good Corey Clement needs to get healthy and get some playing time

10 minutes ago, DAR said:

Good Corey Clement needs to get healthy and get some playing time

That's kind of the issues, he's not healthy either.  So our RBs are Josh Adams, Smallwood and who knows after that

• Like 1