Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

52 minutes ago, rukaio101 said:

Oh man, this wasn't deliberately planned or anything, but I am so glad that I ended up picking One Cut of the Dead for my final movie of 2018. There's still half an hour until midnight here in the UK, so I can quite accurately say I laughed harder at it than any movie I have seen or will see this year. 

I'll probably talk about it more when I get round to doing my end of year retrospective, but considering how terrible this past year has been both personally and just in general, it's really nice to be going into the new year on a relative high. 

I’m very interested in that movie.  Not sure when it gets released in the US though.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I stayed awake to see how 2019 was like. So far more of the same, nothing to see here. You guys can safely stay in 2018.

between us and the americans, only one group is in the same year as SONIC and DETECTIVE PIKACHU

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes earlier...

Me: *in the shower* Huh. Either it's just turned New Years and people are celebrating by setting off fireworks... or ISIS has started their bombing spree of Yorkshire. Either way, I feel like I should probably doing something more important than scrubbing my junk. 

*pause*

Me: *continues scrubbing junk*

Happy New Year everyone.

EDIT: Also just now realised that that makes this my first post of the year. Starting 2019 off on a high note, everyone!

Edited by rukaio101
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, aabattery said:

The first movie I watched in 2018 was The Last Jedi, and I rewatched it last night. Starting and ending the year off right and all that.

the first movie i saw in cinemas in 2018 was the greatest showman and the last was mary poppins returns. that's kind of a rhyme i guess. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

between us and the americans, only one group is in the same year as SONIC and DETECTIVE PIKACHU

and only one group has Avatar 2 to look forward to next year

Edited by IronJimbo

Still afternoon at the West Coast I see. Here (a small hamlet, no light are on) all seem to sleep beside me.

last to 'leave' 2018 is Honolulu or? And New Zealanders already ate they midday's meal

Found a huuuuge reading-level-title-list for a certain publisher I own 105 books from. Good end/start/change of year, yeah! If only my tools would arrive... Fingers crossed for an undamaged delivery this week.

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

last to 'leave' 2018 is Honolulu or? And New Zealand already ate they midday's meal 

Last one out is American Samoa I believe. There might be a couple of minor islands a bit further out but that'll be the last 'major' one.

• Like 1