Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just finished Coherence  (2013).  My head is spinning, but definitely enjoyed it.

I wanna watch movies in the same vein. People are recommending Another Earth, Upstream Color. Anybody watched any of them? What should i watch next?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alli said:

Just finished Coherence  (2013).  My head is spinning, but definitely enjoyed it.

I wanna watch movies in the same vein. People are recommending Another Earth, Upstream Color. Anybody watched any of them? What should i watch next?

Primer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alli said:

THE ONE I LOVE. 

Also, it’s a different sort of film, but THE INVITATION.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

THE ONE I LOVE. 

Also, it’s a different sort of film, but THE INVITATION.

Watched both of them a while ago and loved them.

Just finished Only the Brave. Good movie. Miles Teller impressed me

• Like 1

I don't recognize my family anymore... their political views. I feel like I'm in that movie Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

This only makes it easier for me to go forward with my decision to go away and never come back. I'll find people who deserve to have me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I don't recognize my family anymore... their political views. I feel like I'm in that movie Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

This only makes it easier for me to go forward with my decision to go away and never come back. I'll find people who deserve to have me.

I feel for you. Politics is the great divider, for sure. I'm lucky that my family and I all share the same ideologies so I can't say I know the feeling. All I can tell you is to stand firm by what you believe in, which it looks like you're doing, so good on ya. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

See, I have an extended family with wildly differing political views...but as you grow older, you learn that those views don't matter...family always comes 1st.  You find the common ground you do have - the love for each other, the stores of memories you have, the interests you share...and you enjoy them.  And you always be there when they need you.  Life is way too short not to be.  My dad, who died young, made us promise to be there for my mom and each other...and I can't imagine breaking that promise over a political view.

I'm always sad to see family who break over politics.  Why argue over them, when you can talk food, sports, games, movies, children, college, books, etc?  When you can try to escape a mystery room, play a game of Monopoly, throw a ball around, lay on a beach, go to a restaurant, enjoy a meal etc...find what unites you, not what breaks you:)...

Politics used to be 2% of a person's life...and we were so, so much more than our views.  We were us, with our skills, our strengths, our smiles, our personality, our interests, our flaws, our knowledge, our quirks, etc...

Okay, I'll stop there and get off the soap box now:)... 

• Like 4