Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

10 hours ago, Telemachos said:

There are some very funny moments here:

Wont write anything there, but working behind the scene ... not even the most surreal: ever were the reason for a coitus interrupted? Repeatedly?

3 hours ago, terrestrial said:

No idea what that is and no interest to learn, but maybe someone here likes to know?

Disney moves 'High Fidelity' from Disney+ to Hulu

Didn't know there was a TV adaptation in the works, thanks for sharing. Good book , good film.

2 hours ago, LexJoker said:

So the Marvel-Netflix productions of Daredevil, Punisher etc. will the old seasons be continued to be shown in Netflix or will it be moved to Disney+?

They stay on Netflix as they actually produced the shows

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

For anyone who’s curious, Phil Plait has a nice writeup about the black hole, what exactly we’re seeing, and why we’re seeing it:

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/the-first-image-of-the-event-horizon-of-a-black-hole

Very solid write up. I especially like that he converted the angular resolution of the telescope to something that people can easily visualize. Some of the other articles haven't done so, or did so using an old estimate of the angular resolution of the telescope (which has since been improved).

When it’s all combined, the Event Horizon Telescope acts like a single dish the size of our planet. That’s how it could see any detail at all in the M87 black hole. Even though it’s immense, 40 billion kilometers across, it’s 55 million light years away, so from Earth it’s only about four billionths of a degree in size!

The Moon in the sky is half a degree wide, so this black hole image is equivalent to seeing a marble on the Moon. Or more accurately, a black marble with a glowing rubber band tied around it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Telemachos said:

For anyone who’s curious, Phil Plait has a nice writeup about the black hole, what exactly we’re seeing, and why we’re seeing it:

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/the-first-image-of-the-event-horizon-of-a-black-hole

if they manage to get some real equipment (in the meaning of a lot, like colony....) on a planet and maybe on the moon too or whereever else, means 2 points not on earth, that is what I dream about they'll do in the future since I started to get interested into all space = then no compareable equipment... like Sci-Fi then.

Still is, but way nearer than then.

• Like 1

I'd like to ask a general question about theater etiquette. As folks probably know, I do a lot of seat level tracking and I've noticed something that is bugging me more and more on showings that have heavily sold seats.

Is there ANY legitimate reason for someone to buy a Wheelchair Assistant seat and NOT buy the corresponding Wheelchair Space next to it?  

Like even one legitimate reason?

Any further thoughts I have on this will wait 'till I hear some possible answers.

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I'd like to ask a general question about theater etiquette. As folks probably know, I do a lot of seat level tracking and I've noticed something that is bugging me more and more on showings that have heavily sold seats.

Is there ANY legitimate reason for someone to buy a Wheelchair Assistant seat and NOT buy the corresponding Wheelchair Space next to it?  

Like even one legitimate reason?

Any further thoughts I have on this will wait 'till I hear some possible answers.

Sure, it's an available seat and you know you might have to give it up IF someone buys the wheelchair spot.