Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, ACSlater said:

@TwoMisfits 

Aren't you a teacher?

That's one of the hats I wear (but it's unpaid as a volunteer debate coach now - I was a paid gifted and remedial Math teacher pre-3rd kid arrival, but I've been a lot of other things, too - it's the joy of not being a teen and enjoying a lot of different jobs in life:)...any reason you ask?:)  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

That's one of the hats I wear (but it's unpaid as a volunteer debate coach now - I was a paid gifted and remedial Math teacher pre-3rd kid arrival, but I've been a lot of other things, too - it's the joy of not being a teen and enjoying a lot of different jobs in life:)...any reason you ask?:)  

My favorite teacher passed away and Andover called on her behalf for donations and I was just shocked...

She was the one who showed me math is not everything. Humanities, arts, literature, etc matters alot also...

I guess I want to go to her funeral but I doubt anyone knows me...should I go? Is that too weird?

• Like 1

Just now, ACSlater said:

My favorite teacher passed away and Andover called on her behalf for donations and I was just shocked...

She was the one who showed me math is not everything. Humanities, arts, literature, etc matters alot also...

I guess I want to go to her funeral but I doubt anyone knows me...should I go? Is that too weird?

When my dad passed (he was 53), it was so heart-warming to me to see over a thousand people in our Church (he was only a family man, who worked as an engineer and volunteered as a swim team ref and was a general introvert who was no one famous)...I honestly didn't know my dad had touched the hearts of so many people, probably at least 60% I didn't know.

So, if it were me, and it wasn't too onerous to get there (time/money-wise), I would go and pay my respects.  It's never the wrong thing to do:).  You might not get to interact much with the family, but they will appreciate your presence.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LexJoker said:

Mindhunter Season2 to come out in August?

season_2_comes_out_in_august_charlize_th

I was looking forward the new season for a long while now.

I was just wondering the other day when that's going to drop. First season was really good but it feels like it landed forever ago.

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Gotta keep the white supremacists who are among his few vocal supporters happy somehow.

Given how Trump treats those who visit the White House, this might not exactly be a bad thing

22 hours ago, JB33 said:

How do you like the Avs against the Sharks? I like the Avs but I think the Sharks will be too much.

@JB33 I think the Avs will have no problem with the sharks.  And the nuggets should have no problems with the trailblazers.

Edited by carolwoodpr
  • Like 1

Help me out.

Do I watch Fighting with my Family or The Wandering Earth tonight?

EDIT: chose Wandering Earth. The film has 7 studio logos and altogether they’re still shorter than Marvel Studios’.

Edited by AJG