Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

4 hours ago, cannastop said:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/30/tech/twitter-political-ads-2020-election/index.html

Twitter will ban political ads, Jack Dorsey announces

Interesting

To be honest Twitter is less going to be a place where most people interact with each other and more a place for authorized users to just shoot out messages to their fanbase I think. I think that is why I find a lot of people dont really get into Twitter and way its user base has sort of stagnated lately. 

As much as twitter fans say facebook is one the decline, I would say Instagram is the social media king these days  with triple the amount of Twitter users and much more global and is much more appealing as it allows the sharing of personal content better. 

Nonetheless, as many problems these apps, the changes to FB, Twitter, Reddit and IG have made the social media environment less toxic then a few years ago. 

I think Twitter is quite overated really. 

Congrats to @Jayhawk and all other Nats fans (and any Expos fans keeping with it after all these years).

This was a well fought series and you were a well deserved winner.

Commiserations to my fellow Astros fans, @MrPink, @Menor, and @Deep Wang.  Grenike was rolling and then it just collapsed in a matter of minutes.  Sometimes I guess it ain't just meant to be. :( 

But I think we gotta hold our heads up high, as this was a passionately fought series to the bitter end. 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 5

I still don't know what I'm having a harder time wrapping my head around: that the Nationals won the World Series as a wild card after choking as division champs several other times, or that both teams were winless at home for the entire series. Jeez.

I have to believe that on some level, it's karma for the post-ALCS executive PR fiasco.

• Like 2

Congrats @Jayhawk

I'm glad that Greinke wasn't the one to lose it for us. That trade would have been slagged forever. But no, he threw a great game. The problem was, and had been for most of the season, RISP. I can't say I understand why Cole never pitched in this game.

But now I can throw away these dynasty hopes and never get my hopes up again as high as I did this year. With the front office and stuff, I'll never dedicate as much time to baseball as I did this season. 

And now to a night of fireworks that'll keep me from sleeping. Remember I LIVE in DC.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

or that both teams were winless at home for the entire series. Jeez.

Never mind seven, this is the first time in the history of North American sports (MLB, NHL, NBA) that the road team won six games on the road in one series, never mind all seven.

There have been a lot of seven game series between the three sports that have best-of-sevens and for it to have never happened before... Well, wild is the only word that comes to mind.

I have to believe that on some level, it's karma for the post-ALCS executive PR fiasco.

Astros tried to excise the boil with the late firing of Taubman, but apparently it was just enough to buy them three games instead of a WS win. :( 

Edited by Porthos