Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

4 hours ago, filmlover said:

Seriously. I'm pretty sure that anyone who doesn't feel their skin crawl during the postscript at the end doesn't even have a pulse.

People should feel the same when they buy an electric car.

I mean if people knew how science and energy work.

If western people cared about chinese people.

Todd Haynes, driving his Tesla, didn't make a film about all that.

He was too busy feeling self righteous doing a Hollywood film about the "evils"  of corporations in 'Murica, right ?

These Hollywood people ...

I feel for them , I really do.

They will grow up & teach themselves about stuff.

Someday.

But I digress.

Keep buying electric cars to save the planet.

Yup, that s gonna work.

And end well.

:hahaha:

Edited by The Futurist

4 hours ago, filmlover said:

Just goes to show that there are no easy answers to the whole issue.

That's pretty misleading. There is no data on how much streams the theatrical movies got vs the non-theatrical movies got.

It's just an opinion poll of 2000 people. 

"Survey says people like watching theatrical films at home"

not anything like the headline "Theatrical films more likely to be streamed" which implies there is some data about the streaming figures.

Sixty two percent of the study’s respondents reported that if a movie had appeared in cinemas, they were more willing to check it on their streaming services. 

It's been so windy and rainy that part of my fence blew down. Luckily it was just the horizontal top part that held it together came out of the post and the slats just fell out.  so I could just put the slats back in like a puzzle and then I'll have to work on getting the bar back into the post.  But for now at least there isn't a big hole to walk into my yard.  So glad I got the vinyl fencing 

Edited by 75Live

8 hours ago, The Futurist said:

And I have been threadbanned from the Wonder Woman thread because ?

:redcapes:

It is an old ban that has not been revoked till now. We require users to contact a mod and ask to reverse a thread ban after the ban period is over because the process is manual. The ban does not automatically goes away on its own. I’ll reverse that ban for now. For any others you can check your account page under warnings to see which thread bans have expired and then contact a mod to remove them. 

Also next time pm a mod about an issue rather than posting it in any random thread. That will actually help. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, filmlover said:

Razzie nominations finally announced. Special congrats to Dame Judi Dench for finally becoming a Razzie nominee!

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/razzie-awards-2020-nominations/

That's actually not as bad as the razzies usually are.

Not sure why/how Bruce Willis got nominated for Worst Actor in GLASS, don't recall people particularly disliking his performance?

On 2/4/2020 at 6:30 PM, Porthos said:

There is no god. :kitschjob:

@Plain Old Tele

Certain events that have occurred after this post was made are causing me to re-evaluate this statement. :ph34r:

Spoiler

I still expect the deal to go through in some fashion, but sakes alive have the last three days been entertaining from my perspective. :lol: