Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

8 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

Random, but I think this about every Laika film. There's so much effort put into every frame, it's ridiculous.

err, what? Laika films look more expensive than they actually are?

No the films are expensive.

18 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Watching I'll Do Anything. My next six avatars are gonna Be the faces nick nolte makes in the sex scene.

It's really hard for a Hollywood flick to not seem totally up their own ass. Even the good ones like The Player or Sunset Boulevard make me flinch with the inside baseball self referencing.  Cute movie though.

15 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

So also yeah i dont know what all is on Netflix so totes let me know what i should check out

-Okja

-Mudbound

-On Body and Soul

-What Happened to Monday

-Meyerowitz Stories

-Gerald's Game

-Wheelman

-The Babysitter

-Jim and Andy

Just now, That Ambitious Guy said:

-Okja

-Mudbound

-On Body and Soul

-What Happened to Monday

-Meyerowitz Stories

-Gerald's Game

-Wheelman

-The Babysitter

-Jim and Andy

Fuck all these movies

Sandy Wexler

legitimately good not a bit.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

So also yeah i dont know what all is on Netflix so totes let me know what i should check out

Blue Jay and Meyerowitz Stories are pretty much the only good things to come out of their film department.

Win it All is okay if you like Jake Johnson and Swanberg. Pretty standard yes, but relatively entertaining.

Edited by Goffe

1 hour ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

Seems like you guys value the technical aspects of the camera apparatus and/or hardware more than the image captured and what it's expressing emotionally. 

This is how I judge cinemtagraphy

”Looks pretty, pretty colors, wow lots of scenery, that’d be a great Instagram pic” = GOOD

”That’s ugly, ew blurry, a 7th grader would post that on Instagram” = BAD

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I finished watching Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (couldn't wait for the spouse anymore since we have the tickets to Avengers 3)...and it was okay...

It definitely fell as the 3rd best of the 3 supers movies last summer...I think I just didn't enjoy it tonally.  It was very uneven and didn't deliver the moments it should have.  When there could have been real drama and real emotion pulled, they backed off (or messed it up)...when there was comedy, it fell flat a lot (although it did work sometimes - I liked the Rocket solo battle in the forest a lot - that was well done and perfect for the character)...and sometimes serious tones came out of nowhere and it felt like 2 different movies...

Now, that doesn't mean it was bad...I'd probably wouldn't put it in the top half of the MCU, but the MCU hasn't had many stinkers.  I think I'd give it a B/B- depending on my mood on the day...

Was hoping for more b/c so many of you loved it...although maybe I also got spoiled by what came after it...

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Down 4-5 in the 14th, with runners at 1st and 3rd, no outs.

Why the hell do we put ourselves through this rotten sport, anyway @Trolltastic Tele? :lol:

Oh yeah...

THAT'S MOTHERFUCKING WHY!!!!!!! :ohmygod:

Spoiler

Honestly didn't see that coming. :blush::lol: