Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

23 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Well yeah, maybe it's because Dallas actually committed more penalties, such as three holding penalties on one of their linemen. When I say favor, I don't mean raw numbers, talking about the validity of the calls.

(Plus a couple make up calls that would have never happened if the Goedert TD stood)

Eh, excuses of refs favoring a team is kind of a wash.  Statistically, they are more favorable to home teams (which is what creates the “home field advantange).

It’s really easy to get in a “But if only they had made this call instead the game would have been different!” And the argument goes in a loop.

The refs were bad but refs being bad is always just an excuse for a team losing.  In reality, a team’s loss or win is on them, not on outside factors they can’t control.

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

*looks at game statistics* Dak through 54 passes last night jesus. on top of 28 attempts for Zeke.

Did the Eagles even have the ball at all

they barely had the ball which is one of the reasons they lost.  They had a bunch of 3 and outs until really the end of the third quarter on

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

original, I believe 

Okaaayyy, a bot is a software who either does things automatcally as it should or tries to behave like a user and does spam or whatever

Why is an original a bot? More confused

Edited by terrestrial

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Okaaayyy, a bot is a software who either does things automatcally as it should or tries to behave like a user and does spam or whatever

Why is an original a bot? More confused

basically it just means an original Box office theory poster.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

BOT= Box Office Theory 

:slaphead: that I always write in big letters, thank you!

So he/she is asking how many BOT users are regularly posting I guess.

Hmm, that's an interesting question, might strongly depend on which movies get released I guess.

Edited by terrestrial

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

:slaphead: that I always write in big letters, thank you!

So he/she is asking how many BOT users are regularly posting I guess.

Hmm, that's an interesting question, might strongly depend on which movies get released I guess.

I believe the question is how much the posters who are posting has changed over time from the "founding" members to newer ones. 

Seems to me that a lot of people are still around but don't post as much with new people taking over

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I believe the question is how much the posters who are posting has changed over time from the "founding" members to newer ones. 

Seems to me that a lot of people are still around but don't post as much with new people taking over

Ahhh, thank you a lot!

As I work e.g. bigger projects repeatedly over the year, I am often absent for some weeks or months. Everytime I come back I feel like some others have left too (maybe for good?). Or changed their names and as such I do not recognise them

Some I recognise from BOM's times, but as it closed then I needed years to find BOT, so I am not sure if they are really the same users or only use similar user names. And I am bad with names, so ...

25 minutes ago, PANDA said:

Eh, excuses of refs favoring a team is kind of a wash.  Statistically, they are more favorable to home teams (which is what creates the “home field advantange).

It’s really easy to get in a “But if only they had made this call instead the game would have been different!” And the argument goes in a loop.

The refs were bad but refs being bad is always just an excuse for a team losing.  In reality, a team’s loss or win is on them, not on outside factors they can’t control.

I'm not saying Dallas didn't deserve to win, they thoroughly outplayed the Eagles for the majority if not whole game (despite Dak's strongest efforts to try and derail them for a solid 3 quarters). I'm not an Eagles fan. I merely said the refs favored the Cowboys and it helped en route to a victory as it stands. It doesn't mean however that the Cowboys wouldn't have responded differently under different circumstances.

And if more people had your perspective perhaps people would stop complaining about the Dez 'catch'

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

BREAKING: Car accident on Brooklyn location set of leaves crew member dead ...developing

Edited by terrestrial
can't get the empty space away?

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I honestly don't understand why they don't even try starting Foles over Wentz. he's the superbowl mvp for Christ sake

B/c he had an awful preseason...and not a great start to this season...and he's a streaky QB at best on a team where streaky isn't gonna win games...

Wentz is the right call at QB...as I mentioned to a family member last night...Wentz has been fine - he's as good this year as last...it's just the Eagles aren't getting the bounces, the inches, or the calls this year.  Last night in OT, Elliott made the 4th and 1 by inches...then Douglas missed the INT that became the game winning TD...last year, both of those breaks seemed to go the Eagles way...this year, they don't,,,and the record shows the difference...

Although 1 big thing different this year for Wentz...last year, the Eagles always knew that Wentz could sneak a 3rd and 1/4th and 1 for a 1st down...always.  Not sure if it's the knee, the line, the worry about injury...but this year, he either can't or the Eagles don't.  That sneak gave them so many extra drives and 2 pt options that they don't have this year...they would have pulled the XP and gone for 2 after the Dallas penalty on the kick last year b/c they'd have known they were automatic in a 1 yard play...this year, they don't do that, and they stayed tied and then lost...would it have changed the game to put Dak finally behind in the game?  Maybe, maybe not...but the Eagles just can't do those 1 yard plays this year, at least not for a certainty...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

Wentz is not the problem. The decimated secondary, lack of a consistent running game, etc are the real issues.

I'd also say that the things that went Philly's way last year caught up with Pederson. Some of the calls he makes relies on a bit of fortune and it seems to have dried up a bit this year.

• Like 2