Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 minutes ago, DAR said:

Let's not kid ourselves Foles was a nice story but I don't think he would have sustained what he did for a full season.   

I love Foles for what he did for us, but yeah, other than that 27-2 td/int that partial season, he's never been able to sustain.  The next year he was bad, with the Rams he was bad, but that wasn't all his fault and even his games this year, he wasn't good.

He is the very definition of streaky, but when he's on, yeah I want him at that point too 😛 

Edited by 75Live

I admit, at this point in the season, while I'm still cheering on my team, the Eagles...I'm actually hoping we get a Super Bowl with Philip Rivers and the LA Chargers - now that the Eagles won their 1st Super Bowl, I'd love to see LAC try to play and win their 1st one, too...

They seem to be avoiding the injuries that KC and Pittsburgh racked up the last 2 weeks (and NE eventually has to fall...the bounces seem against them after yesterday:)...if they can keep doing so, I think they have a real chance, especially if they never have to play in an "ice" game in Pburgh (guess they need to cheer on Baltimore:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

I admit, at this point in the season, while I'm still cheering on my team, the Eagles...I'm actually hoping we get a Super Bowl with Philip Rivers and the LA Chargers - now that the Eagles won their 1st Super Bowl, I'd love to see LAC try to play and win their 1st one, too...

They seem to be avoiding the injuries that KC and Pittsburgh racked up the last 2 weeks (and NE eventually has to fall...the bounces seem against them after yesterday:)...if they can keep doing so, I think they have a real chance, especially if they never have to play in an "ice" game in Pburgh (guess they need to cheer on Baltimore:)...

yeah I like when teams win their first titles too.  Obviously yes, somehow wishing for a miracle with the Eagles, but in reality, I wouldn't mind a first time winner this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

I'm not saying Dallas didn't deserve to win, they thoroughly outplayed the Eagles for the majority if not whole game (despite Dak's strongest efforts to try and derail them for a solid 3 quarters). I'm not an Eagles fan. I merely said the refs favored the Cowboys and it helped en route to a victory as it stands. It doesn't mean however that the Cowboys wouldn't have responded differently under different circumstances.

And if more people had your perspective perhaps people would stop complaining about the Dez 'catch'

Yeah that Dez non/catch certainly hurt the Cowboys that year, but Green Bay still played better that game overall.  A good team can still win despite bad calls against them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Premium George said:

How many bot OGs comment regularly?

The Founding BOTers

On 1/24/2015 at 1:07 AM, Water Bottle said:

reddevil

ECSTACY

Spaghetti

Spottswoode

Empire

Snoopy of Suburbia

xanamanax

Ball Lightning

Punishment

JackO

spazz91

MovieMan89

Peeta23

Electric

Sixteen16

Gopher

junkshop39

tracygee

CloneWars

acscs1312

mattmav45

fmpro

jb007

aDIM Stormborn

Jim Shorts

pinochio

Ariadne

Jajang

If your name is missing, please PM me.

55 minutes ago, nature league - matrix said:

when one writes a review, do they write it for themselves, or do they consider how the movie touched different kinds of people and grade the movie based on all different levels of approval?  is this the correct and selfless way to live?

You write what you feel about a movie and how it touches you personally. Sure, you can note that others may feel differently but that's about it. Otherwise you remove the very concept of critical reaction (what it meant to YOU) and just end up writing a summary of what other people thought.

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Decluttering is both great and numbing. I'm maybe about 25% done with the places I needed to look through so far. This is my main task of the week that way I can focus on packing up once Christmas is over.

I bet you could get rid of half your DVDs....

• Like 1