Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The Oscars are considering going without a host this year. For the best if they do tbh.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/oscars-academy-kevin-hart-replacement-1203084598/

I can't imagine who would take it now...maybe with 10x the salary for the night, they might get someone who'd just like the money...

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

I can't imagine who would take it now...maybe with 10x the salary for the night, they might get someone who'd just like the money...

They clearly wanted someone who would bring in the ratings with Hart and that ended up blowing up in their face so they’ve probably figured it’s not worth the effort even trying anymore. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

The gig is usually took by someone that really want it for Sag minimum (around $15,000),  I am not sure 10x the salary would not give you a big name that like the money considering the job + having a Hart fanbase and some media going throught everything you ever said on record. 100x too.....

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, nature league - matrix said:

another product of the imagination

….about to eat a marijuana product and watch The Meg for the first time on Blu-ray.  

the heavy edibles hit me like acid I think.  I ate a half of another the other day to watch Star is Born in IMAX, but I tripped the fuck out and stayed home and had to wait for the next day to eat the other half and see it in IMAX.  

so BIG expectations for The Meg.  I expect to die like when I saw Blade Runner 2049 after relapsing on marijuana and eating 3/4 product and nearly dying in the theater...and after that woman said Detective K was "off base" after all those verbal/visual tests.  I thought the theater found out I relapsed and that women was coming out of the screen and scolding me.  That was a disgusting experience, I thought there were paramedics around me and I was a dead ghost.  I think I stopped breathing, but it reeked of blood so maybe I got shot and my soul was there for the aftermath.      I might have been setup though and followed by people.  that relapse overdose was bad...  I think people were following me after the movie towards K-Mart and filming me and laughing.  ewww…  

anyways, I rarely do the edibles for drug addiction reasons.  I just do the smoke.  I hope the Meg hits me like The Ring and I get stoned frozen.  The only way this can happen is if the shark was directed to have a literary mind of its own and I start hallucinating and screaming.  Are there any good movies that were edited to freak people out when they are on acid, like a Led Zepplin type movie?  hehe

Maybe consider avoiding any sort of mind-altering substance?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, filmlover said:

Some of you rely too much on acronyms. Like whenever I see AQM around here and wonder what movie it’s supposed to stand for and realize that it’s for Aquaman. That title is too short and too simple to need an acronym lol.

I remember someone once referring to the movie The Boy as TB.

This Christmas season is going to have the most critically acclaimed batch of blockbusters in a decent while.

Spidey 99%

Bumblebee 96%

Aquaman’s early word indicates mid-80s at least

Mary Poppins early critic showings indicate 90s for it

Vice will probably be in the 70s-80s

The only real busts are looking to be Marwen, Holmes+Watson and Mortal Engines

What’s even more surprising is how much of a quality rebound Bumblebee, Aquaman and Spidey are looking to be for their respective creative studios.  Especially Bumblebee.

We’ll see if one good movie can truly reinstate goodwill for a franchise.

Edited by PANDA
  • Like 1

Craig Hunegs, President, Business and Strategy, Warner Bros. Television Group and President, Warner Bros. Digital Networks, will be leaving the Studio at the end of the year, the company announced on Monday

59 minutes ago, PANDA said:

This Christmas season is going to have the most critically acclaimed batch of blockbusters in a decent while.

Spidey 99%

Bumblebee 96%

Aquaman’s early word indicates mid-80s at least

Mary Poppins early critic showings indicate 90s for it

Vice will probably be in the 70s-80s

The only real busts are looking to be Marwen, Holmes+Watson and Mortal Engines

What’s even more surprising is how much of a quality rebound Bumblebee, Aquaman and Spidey are looking to be for their respective creative studios.  Especially Bumblebee.

We’ll see if one good movie can truly reinstate goodwill for a franchise.

And Mortal Engines seems to be one of those "not really that bad, but lacking in certain areas" movie. Ive read a lot of reviews for it and most of them seemed to be more mixed than really that bad.

So all in all quality-wise a step up from the last few years for this christmas season.