Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

What do people think is hapoening with youtube.

They made a youtube rewind for 2018 and its about to become the most disliked video ever.

Seems 2018 been a bad year for the site.

Even the music videos from this year did not blow up in views like years past.

But old videos get a ton of views...november rain has a billion views lol.

Edited by Lordmandeep

47 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

And Mortal Engines seems to be one of those "not really that bad, but lacking in certain areas" movie. Ive read a lot of reviews for it and most of them seemed to be more mixed than really that bad.

So all in all quality-wise a step up from the last few years for this christmas season.

The last few Christmas seasons the only really acclaimed movies were the Star Wars ones, Jumanji and the Oscar stuff (which is always there).

Mortal Engines looks very visually appealing, apparently it lacks in the other departments though (given its directed by a first time director, past VFX artist, makes sense).

But even then Spidey is going to be one of the most acclaimed wide Christmas releases ever.  Then the other three big ones should all land within the “New Star Wars range” (mid 80s to low 90s).

Will be a fun season of movies to watch.

47 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

the all time record for most views in one day got broken by music videos twice this year. there was also the this is america video which was a big thing.

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

The Oscars are considering going without a host this year. For the best if they do tbh.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/oscars-academy-kevin-hart-replacement-1203084598/

Jlaw has a free schedule until 2022.

Edited by The Futurist

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

What do people think is hapoening with youtube.

They made a youtube rewind for 2018 and its about to become the most disliked video ever.

Seems 2018 been a bad year for the site.

But old videos get a ton of views...november rain has a billion views lol.

Not sure if what you are pointing has much relevance, isn't there views by mount/ads revenues estimate that would be much more telling if it was a good or bad year for a site ?

For example stuff like that 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/289660/youtube-us-net-advertising-revenues/

3 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

the all time record for most views in one day got broken by music videos twice this year. there was also the this is america video which was a big thing.

Yeah true but no music video went super crazy popular like Despecito, Shape of You, See you Again or Gangnam style this year I guess. Was a more spread out year. 

I hate to say this but This Is America became even bigger as the song became a meme to a lot of people.

I also think a lot of views over the long term for music videos is now taken by spotify. If you go back a few years the only really popular spot to get a song for free was YT but that has changed.

Edited by Lordmandeep

I just finished a brief interview with a certain movie studio for help desk and the boredom and lack of enthusiasm was palpable. 

I hope if they pay me to fly out there and interview in person they're a bit more lively than this, but to be fair this is a recruiter for the actual parent company and not the studio itself.

Gina Rodriguez is fantastic in Jane the Virgin, just finished season 1.

Cant believe she never got an Emmy nomination for any of the seasons.  CW must suck at campaigning given Rachel Bloom was phenomenal in Crazy Ex Girlfriend as well and never got any nominations.

Those are two very overlooked shows that I feel like should have gotten more attention than they have.

Edited by PANDA

13 minutes ago, DAR said:

The Second Act thread is really weird

The Christmas weekend thread's gonna be crazy. Disney, DCEU, Steinfeld, and J-Lo stans all under one roof? Don't even get me started on the Marwen fanbase. Marmen are the scariest stans of all.

• Haha 1