Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

here it does include it but here you can 'park' it with attendees (press screening organising people)

Not to recommend if your phone has no password and such

Is there no contact info to ask beforehand?

not that I know of but to be honest I never thought of asking them :lol: 

• Haha 1

https://deadline.com/2018/12/miranda-otto-zoe-chao-zach-woods-louis-dreyfus-will-ferrell-downhill-fox-searchlight-1202517921/

didn't realize force majeure (one of my favourite movies of 2014) was getting a remake starring... will ferrell. JLD in the wife part is cool as hell though. the Succession dude writing the script is good too. that show is exactly the right tone the movie should have.

• Like 1

oh, I watched Eighth Grade (2018) by A24, it was really good.  The pacing and music make the experience nerve racking enough to keep you in focus the entire time.

I was a little disappointed there were not many student comebacks to a teacher's opinion about their attitude/behavior, but

there is only so much you can do in this 2018 flick and maybe budgeting restraints took away from ideas in the writing process.

the main girl nails it though with what life feels like for myself, if only I could sleep more instead of sleep more.

Edited by nature league - matrix

21 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

https://deadline.com/2018/12/miranda-otto-zoe-chao-zach-woods-louis-dreyfus-will-ferrell-downhill-fox-searchlight-1202517921/

didn't realize force majeure (one of my favourite movies of 2014) was getting a remake starring... will ferrell. JLD in the wife part is cool as hell though. the Succession dude writing the script is good too. that show is exactly the right tone the movie should have.

Miranda Otto too! Good to see her get more roles ( @fishstick). She's so much fun in Sabrina.

• Like 2

Spiderman Into the Hipster-Verse was good even tho still not a big fan at all of the pixellization of the image/frame.

But the movie moves so quick you don't see it enough to actually ruin the viewing experience.

Edited by The Futurist

12 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Spiderman Into the Hipster-Verse was good even tho still not a big fan at all of the pixellization of the image/frame.

But the movie moves so quick you don't see it enough to actually ruin the viewing experience.

proof that it is A Perfect Film.

23 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

We will enter and era when you stop speaking and judging so much movies (and the critics reviewing them) you have not even seen ?

Edited by Barnack
  • Haha 1

@CoolioD1 said :

"this movie is literally as perfect as a superhero movie can be. it is the new gold standard to me. i don't give a shit if i'm hyperbolizing. "

Lots of things the movie does wouldn't work in a live action setting so comparing SITMV to live action superhero movies just doesn't work on a fundamental level.

80% of what people find creative, bold and original in SITMV is linked to the fact this is animation.

Way too different art forms.

So what you really meant was :

"this movie is literally as perfect as a Pixar (I & I2) or Animated superhero movie can be. it is the new gold standard to me. i don't give a shit if i'm hyperbolizing. "

SITMV is better than Two Pixar movies, unless you're a huge Megamind fan.

Great.

Edited by The Futurist

6 hours ago, The Futurist said:

@CoolioD1 said :

"this movie is literally as perfect as a superhero movie can be. it is the new gold standard to me. i don't give a shit if i'm hyperbolizing. "

Lots of things the movie does wouldn't work in a live action setting so comparing SITMV to live action superhero movies just doesn't work on a fundamental level.

80% of what people find creative, bold and original in SITMV is linked to the fact this is animation.

Way too different art forms.

So what you really meant was :

"this movie is literally as perfect as a Pixar (I & I2) or Animated superhero movie can be. it is the new gold standard to me. i don't give a shit if i'm hyperbolizing. "

SITMV is better than Two Pixar movies, unless you're a huge Megamind fan.

Great.

No I meant what I said. I think on a script level the movie is basically perfect too. Theres a lot of typical origin story/emotional beats in it that I think feel More perfunctory in other superhero movies but are super effective here. Is that also tied to form? In some ways yes. And is it unfair to compare it to movies that can't do some of the stylistic stuff this movie is capable of doing? To quote the other great spider-man film "I missed the part where that's my problem"

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Telemachos said:

I would like our international folk to watch this clip and see if it makes any sort of sense to them. 

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/papi-pulled-his-too-slow-trick-on-michael-smith-again-on-highly-questionable-and-chaos-ensued.html

What the fuck did i just watch

• Like 1