Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

21 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn TVI surprised themselves and actually won Saturday by nearly a point. SIC's daytime bombed big, sans O Nosso Mundo, Primeiro Jornal and Alta Definição. Ironically, their primetime a lot more strongly than normal, as Alma e Coração did close to Valor da Vida in share and SIC won the rest of the night from when VdV ended onwards. That being said, the last couple days have been rough for them. Even Cristina fell to below 30% on Thursday and Friday. Heatwaves aren't friendly to SIC :ph34r:

That being said, their programming tonight proves just how much of a bunch of jackasses TVI are. They started Stripped right after RAP ended, which might've been still against Jornal da Noite and/or SIC's break before The Farmer Wants A Wife. So what do they do? 20 minutes after it started and right before The Farmer began airing, Stripped goes to break (or the "episode ended", cause TVI hilariously put a ©TVI 2019 at the bottom corner). That was TVI's desperate measure to make Stripped look bigger than it actually was: split it in "two episodes", make the "1st one" 'hit big'. And then literally sacrifice the "2nd one" into getting raped by Farmer :rofl:  You might've been right all along: Stripped may go sub-20% share this week. A shame, because the show is fun, but it's the donkeys at TVI's fault.

I was actually watching RAP and the transiction to Stripped was crazy. I didn't even realized Jornal das 8 was over and yes, it started with Jornal da Noite airing for a while. Going for a commercial break right as Farmer began was straight up legendary tho. What a stupid decision. Just let the massive RAP lead in stick around, don't give them a chance to switch the channel.

I just saw the ratings and Jornal da Noite started leading when RAP ended. Holy shit. I don't understand. RAP delivering the ratings and then people RUN THE FUCK AWAY AS SOON AS ENDS.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I was actually watching RAP and the transiction to Stripped was crazy. I didn't even realized Jornal das 8 was over and yes, it started with Jornal da Noite airing for a while. Going for a commercial break right as Farmer began was straight up legendary tho. What a stupid decision. Just let the massive RAP lead in stick around, don't give them a chance to switch the channel.

I just saw the ratings and Jornal da Noite started leading when RAP ended. Holy shit. I don't understand. RAP delivering the ratings and then people RUN THE FUCK AWAY AS SOON AS ENDS.

Yeah, Stripped lost against Jornal da Noite despite coming off RAP. That's insane. Fucking insane. Its result against JdN was literally the exact same as its premiere result (11.3% rating and 22.9% share), and then it couldn't even hit a million viewers in the 2nd half (10.2% rating and 20.1% share). Farmer went up from last week, to no one's surprise (13.2% rating and 31% share). Disaster.

I like the show a lot, I think it's very entertaining and I much prefer it to Farmer. But I can't excuse its Godawful ratings. Although I know why they happened: 1) for the same reason why Who Wants To Marry My Son bombed - because TVI blew at promoting it (although it was lucky that it didn't have its time slates for the daily episodes swapped in its 2nd day of release, unlike Son); 2) because no one in the GA understands the damn concept of the show (that's the show's fault for not being more clear); and 3) because old ladies don't wanna see naked people at 9PM. The fact that it lost so many people from RAP against what should've been no competition is terrible. Even the (also unfairly flopped out) Lip Sync Battle led from beginning to end when it only had Valor da Vida to fight with in its last episode.

SIC could have won Sunday if it weren't for the fact that Interstellar and the Michael Jackson doc were both mega flops in the afternoon. And I'm sure Stripped is gonna continue to freefall, so if SIC schedules a strong duo of films to cut down Somos Portugal's strength (they can handle RAP beating them, but the afternoon is crucial), they will win a Sunday. Unfuckingreal.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

9 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yeah, Stripped lost against Jornal da Noite despite coming off RAP. That's insane. Fucking insane. Its result against JdN was literally the exact same as its premiere result (11.3% rating and 22.9% share), and then it couldn't even hit a million viewers in the 2nd half (10.2% rating and 20.1% share). Farmer went up from last week, to no one's surprise (13.2% rating and 31% share). Disaster.

I like the show a lot, I think it's very entertaining and I much prefer it to Farmer. But I can't excuse its Godawful ratings. Although I know why they happened: 1) for the same reason why Who Wants To Marry My Son bombed - because TVI blew at promoting it (although it was lucky that it didn't have its time slates for the daily episodes swapped in its 2nd day of release, unlike Son); 2) because no one in the GA understands the damn concept of the show (that's the show's fault for not being more clear); and 3) because old ladies don't wanna see naked people at 9PM. The fact that it lost so many people from RAP against what should've been no competition is terrible. Even the (also unfairly flopped out) Lip Sync Battle led from beginning to end when it only had Valor da Vida to fight with in its last episode.

SIC could have won Sunday if it weren't for the fact that Interstellar and the Michael Jackson doc were both mega flops in the afternoon. And I'm sure Stripped is gonna continue to freefall, so if SIC schedules a strong duo of films to cut down Somos Portugal's strength (they can handle RAP beating them, but the afternoon is crucial), they will win a Sunday. Unfuckingreal.

Stripped came from nowhere. They should have promoted it for a good month before launching it. 

WTF TRASH PORTUGAL NOT WATCHING INTERSTELLAR ON TV

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Stripped came from nowhere. They should have promoted it for a good month before launching it. 

WTF TRASH PORTUGAL NOT WATCHING INTERSTELLAR ON TV

Nah, clearly a much better idea was to leave two empty Sundays after the end of Dancing With The Stars. Such a better idea, in fact, that they put a soap opera there and it lost to a show that had a piss poor trajectory apart from a surprise increase in its 2nd episode and barely cracked a million viewers on its last show against said soap opera (and soap operas on Sundays are weaker and less competitive than Achilles' heel, so that's saying something), and then rushed possibly the worst reality show of all time - at least the equally stupid Love On Top has a lot of titties and ass, while Who Wants To Marry My Son doesn't even have that - against massively promoted competition, including a last minute Saturday-to-Sunday release switch, just because they were too afraid that SIC would mince them completely. Cause if fucking Lip Sync could beat Valor da Vida, Farmer would have violated it. TVI shot themselves in the foot by not premiering Stripped not just with, as you well mentioned, a ton of promotion, but right in the week after DWTS came to a close.

And yeah, Interstellar bombed really bad, it did like sub-14% share lol. Not surprising cause it ain't the kind of film that Portuguese audiences like. Last week, Keeping Up With The Joneses did 17% share :rofl:

Edited by MCKillswitch123

2 hours ago, AJG said:

In order to see this on TV you can only use Apple TV, Roku, and Fire TV (and new Samsung TV’s), no gaming consoles, no older smart TV’s, no Chromecast.

There’s no word on a back catalogue or licensing with another studio.

The shows look fine, there’s just no big hook. This is pretty poor.

In the wake of shares in the iPhone maker declined nearly 2% to close at $187.61

4 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Nah, clearly a much better idea was to leave two empty Sundays after the end of Dancing With The Stars. Such a better idea, in fact, that they put a soap opera there and it lost to a show that had a piss poor trajectory apart from a surprise increase in its 2nd episode and barely cracked a million viewers on its last show against said soap opera (and soap operas on Sundays are weaker and less competitive than Achilles' heel, so that's saying something), and then rushed possibly the worst reality show of all time - at least the equally stupid Love On Top has a lot of titties and ass, while this doesn't even have that - against massively promoted competition, including a last minute Saturday-to-Sunday release switch, just because they were too afraid that SIC would mince them completely. Cause if fucking Lip Sync could beat Valor da Vida, Farmer would have violated it. TVI shot themselves in the foot by not premiering Stripped not just with, as you well mentioned, a ton of promotion, but right in the week after DWTS came to a close.

And yeah, Interstellar bombed really bad, it did like sub-14% share lol. Not surprising cause it ain't the kind of film that Portuguese audiences like. Last week, Keeping Up With The Joneses did 17% share :rofl:

INTERSTELLAR WAS BIGLY IN THEATERS OK? Keeping Up With The Joneses was a direct to DVD release. WTF people.

Filling Sundays with a soap people force themselves to watch on weekdays because they have to watch a soap probably wasn't a good idea either. Valor da Vida is a very weak product.

Meanwhile yeah, I think TVI burned two big reality concepts by being a mess of a network. Any of them should have gotten 1 month of promotion leading up to the premiere day. Instead both were rushed with weak marketing campaigns that in one of the cases didn't even have the correct premiere day in the marketing lmao.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mulder said:

That reminds me of the live action movie CN did ages back. 

Those were awful. Ben 10 was the shit for every 8 year old in like 2007. I remember really wanting a big budget Ben 10 movie, like on the budget of Iron Man. 

9 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

EXCLUSIVE: HBO has put in development , a drama series rooted in the namesake fantasy universe created by Sebastian A. Jones

Is this the first show green-lit under the new HBO regime?

Just now, TMP said:

Is this the first show green-lit under the new HBO regime?

Not sure, its the first one I realised as in development since the most recent news about changes at HBO, incl closing a location. I might have miseed something, I am not 24h in the www 😉