Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

@WrathOfHan Hailee's in one of those new Apple shows :thinking:

https://www.cnet.com/news/every-apple-tv-plus-shows-series-announced-streaming-service-app/

Dickinson

Apple is putting a comedic twist on the life of Emily Dickinson, with a series that will star True Grit's Hailee Steinfeld. Apple has also announced 30 Rock's Jane Krakowski will play Mrs. Dickinson, Emily Dickinson's mother. While not mentioned by name, the show appeared onscreen numerous times.

40 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

good thing about apple tv+ is that they have absolutely nothing appealing on their roster right now. with disney+ i'd at least get the free trial for the star wars show.

I'm down for AMAZING stories and some of their stuff that's still early in development, I guess (the Ron Moore show, FOUNDATION, etc).

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

good thing about apple tv+ is that they have absolutely nothing appealing on their roster right now. with disney+ i'd at least get the free trial for the star wars show.

Shyamalan's working on a show with them. That'll be nice. And I like seeing Reese and Carell get more work, so that morning show could be alright.

Steve Carrell’s three oscar bets all ended up failing for him, but he’s taking a big streaming dive this year between Morning Show and shooting Space Force in September. Still don’t know how Jim Parsons won an Emmy over him.

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

INTERSTELLAR WAS BIGLY IN THEATERS OK? Keeping Up With The Joneses was a direct to DVD release. WTF people.

Filling Sundays with a soap people force themselves to watch on weekdays because they have to watch a soap probably wasn't a good idea either. Valor da Vida is a very weak product.

Meanwhile yeah, I think TVI burned two big reality concepts by being a mess of a network. Any of them should have gotten 1 month of promotion leading up to the premiere day. Instead both were rushed with weak marketing campaigns that in one of the cases didn't even have the correct premiere day in the marketing lmao.

Well, Wonder Woman was a moderate success here in Portugal and it blew up on its SIC premiere, so.... clearly, theater experiences and television audiences don't match up here in PT (not all the time, at least) :lol:. But yeah, if Interstellar did great, that makes its floppage a bit more odd in hindsight, but the reality is that an intellectual sci-fi film wasn't gonna do good at Sunday 5PM when the super simplistic show that rules that time slot is composed of pimbalhada, local sweets and dumb people waving at cameras.

And yeah, ratings-wise, Valor da Vida is weak. I've heard it's actually a good show (I enjoyed what I saw of Ouro Verde, written by the same girl and recent International Emmy winner), but its ratings are a bit of a fiasco. A Herdeira was doing 15% rating on Sundays last year XD

I can't wait for their next reality shows to flop. They have this Pantene Hair competition or whatever it's called, they have Goucha handling both a new MasterChef and some secret old reality that seems like might be Big Brother...... and they're all gonna bomb. I also wonder what are they gonna put at 2PM when that HORRENDOUS Mexican soap opera they bought comes to an end :rofl:  They are a Goddamn mess.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

Sounds disturbing (as that is part 2 of his ... ideas)

President Donald Trump’s campaign has sent a letter to TV news producers presenting its blacklist of Democratic politicians, and intelligence experts, who have spoken critically, on air, of the president

6 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Tired: DCEU Twitter is insane.

Wired: Star Wars Twitter is insane.

HOLD MY DAMN BEER BOIS, here comes "how to pronounce GIF" Twitter!!!

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

The worst thing Wendy's ever did, even worse than their terrible food, was give rise to a new wave of cutesy "relatable" twitter accounts from big companies. It's just... the worst

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 5:50 PM, sex performer Equal richer said:

is modelling a necessary profession?

6 hours ago, ACSlater said:

Wtf? Ofcourse its necessary. That's basically my entire dating pool. 

What are models for though?  People who fit clothes??  What about non-human models?

I am on the spectrum and I think it is repulsive...

and the pay/profession gap is uneven

why is it continually being sold?

if they go private, I assume that will widen the gap

Spoiler

Star-Wars-movies-Sith-lightsaber-Jedi-fi

Edited by sex performer Equal richer