Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

There’s a queue where I’ve gone to vote. 

6 minutes so far. Ended up being 24 minute wait. Never had to wait that long before although I’ve never voted at this polling booth before. 

Worth the wait. 

6LmfZu7.jpg

• Haha 1

Fantastic. Gladys Berejiklian has won the election for the Liberal Party in NSW. The first female leader of the Liberal Party to win election at the federal or state level in Australia. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, CJohn said:

@MCKillswitch123 WHo Wants To Marry My Son... PULLED :hahaha:It was meant to end in June. Now ends on March 31. TVI is dead. Bury it.

TVI finished third yesterday, cause RTP1 had Portugal vs Ukraine (fucking awful game btw, can someone slap the Rui Vitória out of Fernando Santos and his outdated slow paced style that got lucky in 2016 due to Pepe and Patrício being in the form of their lives and that's it? This is a fucking waste of arguably the best Portugal generation since the Euro 2004 days) and they topped the chart. SIC was 2nd as everything dropped in their daytime, including Cristina who did her worst weekday share to date - 26.6%, which is still huge by most standards, but weak for hers. Think it was as a consequence of sectors in strike and schools shut down. That being said, they came close enough to RTP1, and TVI fell down to a measly third :hahaha:

Flop The Cage actually did better than Who Wants To Marry My Son at 7PM, that's how much of a tragic bomb WWTMMS was. Now they're gonna have Fátima for 2 hours every day and Flop The Cage getting whooped by Farmer and The Price Is Right until the new Goucha reality show premieres (and he's gonna have that show + MasterChef + Você na TV all at the same time). Kill TVI now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

TVI finished third yesterday, cause RTP1 had Portugal vs Ukraine (fucking awful game btw, can someone slap the Rui Vitória out of Fernando Santos and his outdated slow paced style that got lucky in 2016 due to Pepe and Patrício being in the form of their lives and that's it? This is a fucking waste of arguably the best Portugal generation since the Euro 2004 days) and they topped the chart. SIC was 2nd as everything dropped in their daytime, including Cristina who did her worst weekday share to date - 26.6%, which is still huge by most standards, but weak for hers. Think it was as a consequence of sectors in strike and schools shut down. That being said, they came close enough to RTP1, and TVI fell down to a measly third :hahaha:

Flop The Cage actually did better than Who Wants To Marry My Son at 7PM, that's how much of a tragic bomb WWTMMS was. Now they're gonna have Fátima for 2 hours every day and Flop The Cage getting whooped by Farmer and The Price Is Right until the new Goucha reality show premieres (and he's gonna have that show + MasterChef + Você na TV all at the same time). Kill TVI now.

TVI is absolutely lost. Bruno Santos is getting fired any day now. I have never seen a TV station so lost and with no plans just changing things left and right with no warning expecting better results. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Just rewatched GoldenEye on Netflix.  I think it might just be the best Bond movie.  

How did the rest of the Brosnan films suck so hard?  

I kind of had the opposite reaction, where I don't feel it has aged particularly well. I can't quite put my finger on why, but the pacing always felt off for some reason. The latter two Brosnan Bonds are obviously terrible, but Tomorrow Never Dies is, dare I say, underrated?

17 hours ago, elcaballero said:

I kind of had the opposite reaction, where I don't feel it has aged particularly well. I can't quite put my finger on why, but the pacing always felt off for some reason. The latter two Brosnan Bonds are obviously terrible, but Tomorrow Never Dies is, dare I say, underrated?

I think TND looks better when compared to the next two. Still think it's pretty bland.

@CJohn TVI surprised themselves and actually won Saturday by nearly a point. SIC's daytime bombed big, sans O Nosso Mundo, Primeiro Jornal and Alta Definição. Ironically, their primetime a lot more strongly than normal, as Alma e Coração did close to Valor da Vida in share and SIC won the rest of the night from when VdV ended onwards. That being said, the last couple days have been rough for them. Even Cristina fell to below 30% on Thursday and Friday. Heatwaves aren't friendly to SIC :ph34r:

That being said, their programming tonight proves just how much of a bunch of jackasses TVI are. They started Stripped right after RAP ended, which might've been still against Jornal da Noite and/or SIC's break before The Farmer Wants A Wife. So what do they do? 20 minutes after it started and right before The Farmer began airing, Stripped goes to break (or the "episode ended", cause TVI hilariously put a ©TVI 2019 at the bottom corner). That was TVI's desperate measure to make Stripped look bigger than it actually was: split it in "two episodes", make the "1st one" 'hit big'. And then literally sacrifice the "2nd one" into getting raped by Farmer :rofl:  You might've been right all along: Stripped may go sub-20% share this week. A shame, because the show is fun, but it's the donkeys at TVI's fault.