Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

11 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Related rumor:

Allegedly will start production in August.

If you had told me just a few weeks ago when the sale occurred that Love, Simon would be the first Fox property they would they jump on, I would've thought you were joking. Wonderful news if it happens, though. Curious if it's a sequel series to the movie (with the cast back) or a spin-off.

The three main pieces of news, near as I can tell, so far in regards to Disney+:

"likely" is a hell of a proviso, but it seems fairly likely.

Though, again, awfully light on specifics on just what "global" means.  For what it's worth, ESPN+ and Hulu+ are listed as "US and Expanding", whatever the hell that means.

Still. "global" for Disney+ is a good sign for the non-Americans who were interested in some of the content that is being worked on.

Finally (so far):

Be interested to see if an "lower priced tier with ads" comes down the pike at some point.

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Be interested to see if an "lower priced tier with ads" comes down the pike at some point.

Is the idea to undercut Netflix still actual?

Hulu will have the material that is a bit less childfriendly, correct?

6 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Is the idea to undercut Netflix still actual?

I haven't been checking the stream so I don't know if the price has yet been announced, but that's the plan as far as I know.

===

Bundling Disney+ and Hulu+ is pretty much a no-brainer and it makes sense to also add in ESPN+.  I'm sure some folks won't want to get the ESPN+ part of that package, but at the same time I suspect Disney really wants to get as many as folks as possible getting all three, so I doubt a mix-and-match bundle will be coming any time soon.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

but at the same time I suspect Disney really wants to get as many as folks as possible getting all three, so I doubt a mix-and-match bundle will be coming any time soon.  

ESPN+ was $5 plus only really usable if you have an ESPN paid TV subscription.

I imagine by packaging it to Disney+ will be keeping it that way ? Or will they one day put EPSN also in a OTT package ?