Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Someone interpret this slide for me like I'm a five year old:

Does that lower bar mean that the Asia-Pacific region doesn't get Disney+ at launch, or that it does?  If it's the latter, bad news for our Australian and New Zealand contingent.

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Does that lower bar mean that the Asia-Pacific region doesn't get Disney+ at launch, or that it does?  If it's the latter, bad news for our Australian and New Zealand contingent.

Sounds to me like the window for when they could launch it is far larger so it can be anywhere from day one to over a year from then.

• Like 2

Just now, cookie said:

Sounds to me like the window for when they could launch it is far larger so it can be anywhere from day one to over a year from then.

That they didn't have it broken down by area or with an arrow makes it seem that way to me, now that I think about it.  Places where the contracts can be easier to negotiate get it sooner than others, I suppose.

We’re back at the event and here’s where we’re going to start getting some info: Disney films like CAPTAIN MARVEL and FROZEN II will be available on Disney+ after the theatrical and home entertainment window

Got it. Still, interesting that there is no 20th Century Fox "tile."

Disney+ original movie Lady & the Tramp will get trailer play in theaters. .

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Me an example for those, I do sport if I am in the mood, I do not watch sport 😉

I like sports (as can see by many of my comments in this thread), I just REALLY dislike ESPN. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

Disney+ original movie Lady & the Tramp will get trailer play in theaters. .

"Hey moviegoers! I see you're in the theater! You like going to the theater to see movies, don'tcha? Well, we just wanted you to consider not going to the theater, because, then, you can watch THIS direct to streaming movie right alongside the movies from other studios who are fighting to get there films seen in theaters! On a related note, watch me flex my muscles! My muscles are meaty, aren't they?!"

The average box office for the 44 movies released by the Disney empire (that includes Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm titles) since 2006 is $850M. Not a bad way to advertise 's new streaming service.

Disney just confirmed no change to theatrical release windows - said Frozen which comes out in theaters on Nov 22, 2019 will go to theaters, home video and hit in summer 2020 (so at least 7-9 months post theaterical)

• Like 1