Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn Your Face Sounds Familiar's finale beat The Farmer Wants A Wife in share this past Sunday and only lost in rating by a little bit. The Price Is Right was competing against both, which probably hurt Farmer, as well as the fact that Farmer has officially run out of gas. Ever since Comedy On The Edge premiered, it has outdone every Sunday episode of Farmer. That, to me, is proof of fatigue.

Luckily (for SIC and for everyone), The Farmer is coming to an end sometime in the next couple of weeks to leave space for the new Manzarra show where he grants kids wishes on Sunday night, as well as Win Your Wish List with Cristina at 7PM. It isn't coming back until 2020. Unfortunately, Married At First Sight is still coming in September, so the dating show fad ain't going anywhere.

With that being said, SIC is so dominant that nothing will stop them. Even with a weakened Farmer that went sub-20% share (YFSF went over 20%), SIC tied with TVI on Sunday in late July, and Sunday is still their biggest Achilles heel. That is impressive. Plus, Farmer is still holding on at the #1 position despite being on air for 5 uninterrupted months and after 11 months of dating shows. That is even more impressive. Meanwhile, YFSF's result, while an improvement over the results of previous TVI bombs like Stripped and Who Wants To Marry My Son, as well as a decent result for this season's standards, is still Godawful for a show that was hitting more in rating than this season has in share. Barely over 21% in share and less than 9% in rating for the final episode is atrocious.

TVI has, to their credit, responded to the beginning of Nazaré's marketing campaign by kicking off the marketing campaign of their own new soap, Vida Louca (yes, that's the fucking title :rofl:). To its credit, it's written by Rui Vilhena - the Ninguém como Tu and Tempo de Viver guy - and has an all-star cast. But it sounds way too anti-commercial compared to Nazaré.

They does not have Carolina Loureiro running on a beach. TVI already lost.

Farmer having 2 seasons back to back was stupid imo. I will always be against this type of strategies. People will get tired of it. 1 season per year is more than enough. Farmer might return to flop numbers next year because of SIC dragging it from March until August.

I am happy for MCG. She goes out with a win, even if a small one. She doesn't deserve the apocalypse that is happening on TVI right now.

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

They does not have Carolina Loureiro running on a beach. TVI already lost.

Farmer having 2 seasons back to back was stupid imo. I will always be against this type of strategies. People will get tired of it. 1 season per year is more than enough. Farmer might return to flop numbers next year because of SIC dragging it from March until August.

I am happy for MCG. She goes out with a win, even if a small one. She doesn't deserve the apocalypse that is happening on TVI right now.

Yeah, Carolina Loureiro is a hot looking Instagram Goddess and that alone will boost the SIC soap. Although, it seems like it might actually be Alma e Coração's replacement and face off with Prisioneira instead. Golpe de Sorte is slated to last until October and then will premiere its actual replacement, which will be some Espírito Indomável rip-off starring Mariana Monteiro and written by the lady who created Mar Salgado. Nazaré will fight Prisioneira. Will likely be a cake walk for SIC.

Tbh, as I said, Farmer is doing as well as it was expected to do for a show that has 11 months of fatigue (not just 5). Married S1 and O Carro do Amor didn't help Farmer in terms of freshness. Farmer still held on phenomenally well until about late June, which is when it started to lose steam. Going sub-10% and sub-20% this week was definitely the proof that they dragged it for too long. And yet still, it beat Your Face Sounds Familiar in that show's finale (by a little bit, but it did so). I dunno if it won in direct confrontation, but its rating was superior and share usually goes up when rating goes down, so I imagine Farmer came out on top. But I agree that S3 will probably be a ratings disappointment. If it's not and it comes out guns ablazing, well, SIC will have officially achieved God status.

I am happy for her too and I feel like YFSF's "success" is owed both to her and the actual show's quality. It is the best Portuguese show on Sunday nights :rofl: And I think that her impeccable solo handling of both Você na TV and this show have boosted her popularity. That being said, this is a still an awful result, all things considered :rofl:  Dead weight Farmer beat its finale, and said finale went under 9% in rating and just barely over 21% in share (likely because it ended later... though, to its credit, it had some great 30% peaks). And yet, TVI are going to continue the show. Yup, back to back season for YFSF too. They didn't pay Ljubo soon enough to shoot Kitchen Nightmares in time for September. And they've already recorded Christmas and New Year's Eve specials for YFSF too, so I don't think that MasterChef will be their Sunday choice either. If you think Farmer has been killed by dragging, wait until you see what happens with YFSF.

7 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yeah, Carolina Loureiro is a hot looking Instagram Goddess and that alone will boost the SIC soap. Although, it seems like it might actually be Alma e Coração's replacement and face off with Prisioneira instead. Golpe de Sorte is slated to last until October and then will premiere its actual replacement, which will be some Espírito Indomável rip-off starring Mariana Monteiro and written by the lady who created Mar Salgado. Nazaré will fight Prisioneira. Will likely be a cake walk for SIC.

Tbh, as I said, Farmer is doing as well as it was expected to do for a show that has 11 months of fatigue (not just 5). Married S1 and O Carro do Amor didn't help Farmer in terms of freshness. Farmer still held on phenomenally well until about late June, which is when it started to lose steam. Going sub-10% and sub-20% this week was definitely the proof that they dragged it for too long. And yet still, it beat Your Face Sounds Familiar in that show's finale (by a little bit, but it did so). I dunno if it won in direct confrontation, but its rating was superior and share usually goes up when rating goes down, so I imagine Farmer came out on top. But I agree that S3 will probably be a ratings disappointment. If it's not and it comes out guns ablazing, well, SIC will have officially achieved God status.

I am happy for her too and I feel like YFSF's "success" is owed both to her and the actual show's quality. It is the best Portuguese show on Sunday nights :rofl: And I think that her impeccable solo handling of both Você na TV and this show have boosted her popularity. That being said, this is a still an awful result, all things considered :rofl:  Dead weight Farmer beat its finale, and said finale went under 9% in rating and just barely over 21% in share (likely because it ended later... though, to its credit, it had some great 30% peaks). And yet, TVI are going to continue the show. Yup, back to back season for YFSF too. They didn't pay Ljubo soon enough to shoot Kitchen Nightmares in time for September. And they've already recorded Christmas and New Year's Eve specials for YFSF too, so I don't think that MasterChef will be their Sunday choice either. If you think Farmer has been killed by dragging, wait until you see what happens with YFSF.

Prisioneira is dead. Like so so dead. Carolina Loureira will crush it. Fully expecting Priosioneira to tank even harder when Carolina Loureiro walking on a beach premieres. I mean, have you seen her Instagram!? That woman is not real. She is the dream of every straight man and lesbian girl walking on Earth.

They are gonna start another season of YFSF in September?! Oh God. Oh for the love of God. TVI is so fucking stupid. Masterchef is going to Saturdays. It is going to bomb hard. Goucha is toxic. I guess Ljubo is the January weapon then. Married will crush MCG (whatever project she is hosting at the time, the rumored Secret Story new season or YFSF).

And with that, I think we can safely say the chances of Thor (or Wheeler for that matter) being traded have diminished greatly (as the Mets are back to a five man rotation).   At least that's what I would think.  Haven't checked on what the national media thinks.

Stroman:        29 years old, sixth year of service time.

deGrom:        31 years old, sixth year of service time.

Syndergaard: 26 years old, fifth year of service time.

Oh yeah, deGrom and Syndergaard are both white.  Forgot that bit. 👍

=====

Is that unfair of a comment from Yours Truly?  Maybe a tiny tiny bit. deGrom is a tad older, after all.

And I could see the post-season argument on both deGrom and Syndergaard, as well as success on the national stage, if they had made that.  But 'veteran'? And 'fit right in like he is supposed to'???

Get the flying fuck out of here with that casual racism. 

I'm not one to pull the "THAT'S RACIST" card so quickly, but for fucks sake, that was pretty damn blatant in its unsubtly.  

Edited by Porthos
  • Disbelief 1

I wish there was a law to stop shops from selling expensive HDMI cables to old people. Twice now I’ve had to go to the store to return the £120 cable they tricked the aunties into buying. It’s fucking shameful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Stroman:        29 years old, sixth year of service time.

deGrom:        31 years old, sixth year of service time.

Syndergaard: 26 years old, fifth year of service time.

Oh yeah, deGrom and Syndergaard are both white.  Forgot that bit. 👍

=====

Is that unfair of a comment from Yours Truly?  Maybe a tiny tiny bit. deGrom is a tad older, after all.

And I could see the post-season argument on both deGrom and Syndergaard, as well as success on the national stage, if they had made that.  But 'veteran'? And 'fit right in like he is supposed to'???

Get the flying fuck out of here with that casual racism. 

I'm not one to pull the "THAT'S RACIST" card so quickly, but for fucks sake, that was pretty damn blatant in its unsubtly.  

You equivocate too much sometimes. :) That's some straight-up racism, no chaser.

Just now, Plain Old Tele said:

You equivocate too much sometimes. :) That's some straight-up racism, no chaser.

I was thinking through my thoughts as I posted and decided at the end that it was pretty blatant racism. 

To put it another way, I tried to give the person the benefit of the doubt and failed utterly. :)

====

Lots of other people on Baseball Twitter were also highly critical of said person, and rightly so.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, AJG said:

I wish there was a law to stop shops from selling expensive HDMI cables to old people. Twice now I’ve had to go to the store to return the £120 cable they tricked the aunties into buying. It’s fucking shameful.

surprised there isn't such a law, somewhere in Europe.

3 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

@Porthos The Mets really wanted that open roster spot

@Porthos gets even better. The scrubby minor leaguer the Mets are getting back in the trade was a college teammate of Jeff Wilpon's son.

So the Mets are paying the Phillies $2.9 million to take Vargas away, and to give a minor league spot to a friend of the family.

This trade gets even more Mets, I love it.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, CJohn said:

Prisioneira is dead. Like so so dead. Carolina Loureira will crush it. Fully expecting Priosioneira to tank even harder when Carolina Loureiro walking on a beach premieres. I mean, have you seen her Instagram!? That woman is not real. She is the dream of every straight man and lesbian girl walking on Earth.

They are gonna start another season of YFSF in September?! Oh God. Oh for the love of God. TVI is so fucking stupid. Masterchef is going to Saturdays. It is going to bomb hard. Goucha is toxic. I guess Ljubo is the January weapon then. Married will crush MCG (whatever project she is hosting at the time, the rumored Secret Story new season or YFSF).

I have seen her Instagram and I know: she's otherworldly. Prisioneira is already nightmarishly dead, though :rofl:  It does Vidas Opostas numbers, for Christ's sake. Hits the occasional 20% share every now and then, but even then, it always gets crushed by Alma e Coração. Amar Depois de Amar, otoh, has actually enjoyed a (not good, but) far better than expected run. Nowhere near Golpe de Sorte, but it hits close to or even 10% and over 20% often, which are flop numbers but they still look amazing next to what Prisioneira was doing. Makes me think that people are tired of senseless violence and that Vida Louca is going to bomb completely.

No, they're gonna start another season of YFSF this Sunday. You could say it's just a measure until they get to September, but again, they've shot New Year and Christmas specials, I haven't heard of any news for Kitchen Nightmares beyond castings have already begun but nothing about shootings, and MasterChef will likely be a Saturday bet as it has been so far and will also horribly fail to counter Comedy On The Edge's massive success (this thing has been the biggest non-sports-or-special-event weekend show ever since it premiered, it's crazy). Goucha is burned beyond repair atm and COTE is a bigger deal than Farmer atm. Can't envision anything but flopzone for MasterChef. As for poor MCG, unless they come up with something on the fly, like a Secret Story S8 or something like that (which seems unlikely, as Like Me is still going and they've said SS8 ain't happpening until 2020), she's gonna get hit by the SIC nukes. The Manzarra show is destined for glory and Married will likely be completely immune to Farmer's fatigue and knock it straight out of the park.

Edited by MCKillswitch123