Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

On 10/8/2021 at 10:52 PM, dudalb said:

I officialy am so sick and tired of hearing about the Squid Game i never want to hear about it again.

It has already reached the ultimate point of overkill: people are now making WTF references to ti because they thinks it makes them look cool and hip.

You be done the moment the lights went out

17 minutes ago, Menor said:

5 consecutive ALCS. I think that will tie the second-longest run of consecutive LCS appearances. 

AL, maybe, but the Braves of the 90s have to be up there.

*double checks*

Yep.  The ATL went to the NLCS eight straight times back in the 90s. ALCS is five (Athletics, soon to be 'stros).

Bold indicates a current streak.

Length Team Seasons
8 Atlanta Braves 1991–1993*, 1995–1999
5 Oakland Athletics 1971–1975
4 New York Yankees 1998–2001
4 St. Louis Cardinals 2011–2014
4 Houston Astros 2017–2020

(Braves LCS streak was interrupted by the '94 strike, but I think it still has to count)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Anyone here use Regal Unlimited before? Is it any good? I spent about $70 on tickets to my local regal cinema last month and I feel like I wasted a lot of money.

I have, since I have two Regals near me. As for its quality, I love it, especially as somebody who goes almost every week. I pay about $21 per month, which at least here in my area roughly translates to about 1.75 tickets a month. Don't know your area's prices, but if you plan to go often, like 3+ times a month, it's a very good investment.

The only drawback is that you can't cancel until an entire year is through and when it comes to PLFs like IMAX and RPX and 4DX and stuff, you do have to pay a surcharge depending on the format (i.e. pay $4 for RPX, $6 for IMAX, etc.). But unless you're one of those weirdos who has to see every movie in IMAX for some reason, it's not a huge dealbreaker.

AMC A-List allows you to cancel after like three months and the PLFs are free with no charge, but if there's no AMC near you, Regal Unlimited is a lifesaver for your wallet.

Not looking good on the IATSE strike front at the moment........

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/iatse-amptp-refuse-avoid-strike-1235087696/

If the strike happens and it goes on for a while..which is what usually happens with  Hollywood strikes you can kiss the big December releases, which are still deep in post production goodbye.

1 hour ago, Noctis said:

Unfortunately, under a very corrupt government. 

This reminds me of my mum explaining why Margaret Thatcher was the devil whenever "first female prime minister" is brought up as a compliment.