Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, That One Guy said:

what in the living fuck

The best parts in 3B are much better than the best parts of BatB, but BatB didn't have anything that actively annoyed me as much as some of the stuff in 3B did.

That being said, I'd rather a film annoy me than make me feel... pretty much nothing. So I think I probably appreciate 3B more than I appreciate BatB. Dunno. My rankings get janky the further down I go from the top 5.

Just now, Porthos said:

Did I miss a meme around these parts in regards to BatB?  Seems to be a bit of a backlash to it, reading between the lines of some folks posts.

There is a sizeable portion of the regular user base that have strong feelings about it.

• Like 1

Just now, aabattery said:

There is a sizeable portion of the regular user base that have strong feelings about it.

So I deduced. Of course, the fact that it went past 500 DOM had nothing to do with it at all, I would presume. ;)

• Like 1

BATB is the definition of lazy. Nothing in it is Horrible per se, but its just a bad copy of the original with worse singing voices (Emma....i love you, but pls dont sing in the future). It adds nothing to the BATB storyline, it looks rather cheap for such a high-budget movie with the Beast in particular looking like 2003-CGI and it will be totally forgotten in the years to come. Like RoboCop, Total Recall, Ghostbusters 16 or Psycho (the one with Vince Vaughn), it cant stand on its own, it relys nearly completely on nostalgia and name recognition. 

Good for Disney that it made so much money. After The Jungle Book (2016) was a really good movie (that - Shock! - doesnt just copy the original and can actually stand on its own), this one wants me to avoid all of these live-action remakes of Disney classics alltogether. I have now negative interest in The Lion King or Aladdin.

7 hours ago, aabattery said:

If we're doing hot takes, I might've actually liked Beauty and the Beast more than Three Billboards.

This post was handcrafted to piss off @That One Guy.

This is the worst take I’ve seen on these boards since Ethan put Pitch Perfect 2 as the best movie of 2015

• Like 2

Well this is awesome: James Franco hosted a get together yesterday for all the actors nominated across the three film categories (Denzel, DDL, Dafoe, and Plummer didn't attend). Love this photo. Too bad a similar one didn't happen for the actresses.

Edited by filmlover

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Well this is awesome: James Franco hosted a get together yesterday for all the actors nominated across the three film categories (Denzel, DDL, Dafoe, and Plummer didn't attend). Love this photo. Too bad a similar one didn't happen for the actresses.

Who’s the guy next to Timothy Chalamet?  And Gary Oldman looks really little 

finally watching my first second of NFL playoff football since I was out yesterday.  not caring about any teams today but it's something to watch.

I only care about my team who is in the NFC, as for the AFC, don't really care, but would be nice if one of the teams from this wild card weekend makes it to the Super Bowl just to change it up.

Edited by 75Live