DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

22 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Was Armond guy a mother! fan ?

:winomg:

He said the movie demolished millennial society and an Hillary Clinton era bad movie:

After destroying the prelapsarian world in Noah, indie director Darren Aronofsky has returned to his formula. In his sensationalized allegory Mother! Aronofsky sends a nameless woman (Jennifer Lawrence) through a gauntlet of masochistic paranoia, blames modern male chauvinism, and then demolishes Millennial society. 

Instead, White and Aronofsky, in their upscale locales, indulge the bourgeois insecurity and self-protective envy that link conservatives and liberals of a particular class. Empathy and moral consciousness are what’s missing from both movies. Until these kinds of entertainment are recognized for what they are — and refused — the Hollywood Left will always win the culture war.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/451398/mother-brads-status-explore-inner-demons-insecurities

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

Has Deadline thrown any poop at the wall for an early Friday number? 

couple hours ago

Based on these estimates, the notion is that Justice League could fly to a $110M-$115M start and a possible $37M-$40M Friday.

Just now, dudalb said:

Wow, I wonder (no joke intended) if "Wonder" could pull off what "Devil Wears Prada" did up against "Superman Returns" .

Or even what Julia Roberts' own My Best Friend's Wedding did against Batman & Robin 20 years ago (the former opened with half of what the latter made and ended up outgrossing it by a solid $20M). Obviously that scenario won't actually happen, but Wonder will definitely be the much bigger success story.

So next year should be, box office wise, domestic :

1. Avengers & the Purple Alien from Outter Space

2. Cesspool 2

3. Black Cat

4. Aquabruh

5. Insects, Insects everywhere !!!

6. The Jlaw Superhero Movie

7. The Witch, Part Deux

8 . Poison

15 minutes ago, MinaTakla said:

Going to be really interesting - and certainly surprising - when the top 5 films worldwide of 2017 have only 1 superhero film. (SW8, BATB, FF8, DM3 being the first 4).

And even more shocking that it may end up being Thor and not Guardians nor JL. 

1 seem to really be the norm post 2012 and standard for expected one to miss the mark, Superhero's movie iby year n the top 5:

2017:1

2016:1 

2015:1

2014:1

2013:1

2012:2

2011:0

2010:0

2009:0

2008:2 (one of those being Hancock, not Iron Man)

When looked like that (a very arbitatry cut-off and probably bad metric to use), the superheroes domination/saviors of the industry/etc... does not look has impressive under that metric, 9 top 5 in the 10 year's since the Dark Knight/Iron Man era started the latest modern post SpiderMan big era.

Young adult popular book adaptation in comparison

2017:0

2016:0

2015:0

2014:1, 2(if we count The Hobbit I am not sure)

2013:1, 2(if we count The Hobbit I am not sure)

2012:0,1 (if we count The Hobbit I am not sure)

2011:2

2010:1

2009:1

2008:0

6 without the Hobbit, 9 with them (like superheroes)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

So next year should be, box office wise, domestic :

1. Avengers & the Purple Alien from Outter Space

2. Cesspool 2

3. Black Cat

4. Aquabruh

5. Insects, Insects everywhere !!!

6. The Jlaw Superhero Movie

7. The Witch, Part Deux

8 . Poison

Explain insects for me? And poison?

And in what universe is Dark Phoenix going to trump Crimes of Grindelwald domestically?

Just now, Noctis said:

Explain insects for me? And poison?

And in what universe is Dark Phoenix going to trump Crimes of Grindelwald domestically?

I was just speaking about heroes with pyjamas movies.

Poison is Venom.

Insects is Ant Man & the Wasp