DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

6 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

WW is the definition of outlier, especially in the US.

Not to mention even good DC family friendly movies are frontloaded look at Lego Batman

• Like 1

I always doubted Wonder Woman’s success would help this movie. That movie was a phenomenon and so many women watched it multiple times. This movie didn’t seem to attract that crowd, only by showing Wonder Woman. It feels very much like a fanboy standard superhero movie and that repelled many especially females.

• Like 1

Just now, YourMother said:

Not getting a 3x.

I said “Im not saying it’s ginna do that”

I think we all get so caught up in o.w numbers we forget these films also have to have legs.

BVs opened to 166 but it means nothing when you look at other films that didn’t open that huge but passed it at the Boxoffice.

Just now, Brainiac5 said:

I said “Im not saying it’s ginna do that”

I think we all get so caught up in o.w numbers we forget these films also have to have legs.

BVs opened to 166 but it means nothing when you look at other films that didn’t open that huge but passed it at the Boxoffice.

You might as well say "well what if it performs like AVATAR huh??? HUH??"

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

What tunnel?  Julia Robert's recent career?  

The only way this has anything to do with JL is that it's attracting kids and family audiences which will not help JL.

They also won't help Coco...if we're seeing something with Thor/JL, it's taking the bloom off the need to get to theaters hurts the follow-on movie...I mean, if all these families are seeing Wonder, and they then already saw Thor or may see JL (like my best friend's family is doing next weekend)...how many more movies are they gonna see before Star Wars?

Edited by TwoMisfits

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

They also won't help Coco...if we're seeing something with Thor/JL, it's taking the bloom off the need to get to theaters hurts the follow-on movie...I mean, if all these families are seeing Wonder, and they then already saw Thor or may see JL (like my best friend's family is doing next weekend)...how many more are they gonna see before Star Wars?

Did Coco kill your dog or something?   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, the beast said:

Thor Had a lot less competition OW compared to JL

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

Thor was about 70 or more on Thursday and day of release if I am not wrong. 

Right, Thor's numbers are meaningless for that stat...only Thor and Bad Moms sold any tickets that weekend...

It's better to use that metric as a comparison...if you know, say Thor's box office today, you compare the JL multiplier above it to compute a close daily rate...works best when you use the end of day rate...

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Did Coco kill your dog or something?   

No, but it's as badly timed as JL is (and worse, now that a 2nd family movie hit 4 days prior to its opening)...that may have an effect - last time I checked, we talk about that here:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits