DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

18 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

I wish people wouldn’t compare other superhero runs to Wonder Woman. WW domestic run is in a league of its own and will probably not be matched for quite some time.

Um I think Avengers 3 has about an 80% of beating it.  I dont see any reason for the film to crash from Civil War considering how GOTG did 390 million.

However, I do agree that domestically I don't see many comic book movies beating WW really. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Let's put it to rest once and for all that BvS and SS were somehow more well liked than what the internet led us to believe (according to some members here who insist upon that). Justice League just opened to $13m...and the ones posting that it's "much better" or "relieved" that it's not the $11m estimated earlier really don't seem to understand just how horrible the number is. That is a whopping 53% drop from BvS' previews. This is not some solo superhero movie...this is the goddamn Justice League that has Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. And it opened below that of Thor 3 and SM:H (which was the fucking third reboot of Spider-Man in a decade). 

The number and drop are putrid to the last degree, and eviscerates the ones who claim that the previous films in the series had a lot more goodwill than people were led to believe. MoS had mixed WOM, as it opened to $128m and finished with $291m despite being the first Superman film in six years. Now...the double-blow of BvS and SS last year has shown without a shadow of a doubt to even the DCEU's most delusional and fanatical supporters that they have incinerated so much long-term potential. WB horribly mismanaged the universe and allowing Snyder to direct three of the films was such a horrible decision it boggles the mind. They should have cut him loose the moment the reviews and audience WOM for BvS was released instead of entrusting him with the goddamn JUSTICE LEAGUE.

Patty Jenkins was a miracle to the franchise, and Wonder Woman will be the only to live on and be looked upon with love and fondness. The rest will either be forgotten or end up infamous like BvS. WB...let's hope you fucking learned your lesson. Just focus on the solo films for at least the next few years.

Edited by Noctis
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Brazil is the one territory where it seems to be going crazy.

It's also doing well in Indonesia and seems to be doing a bit less OD in China than BvS

It's down from BvS's opening  in South Korea, Hong Kong, France, Italy, Russia, Germany, Australia (mostly in the 25-50% range)

Overall 10% down from BVS's 543 OS gives 488 which will need much better legs than BVS to make up for the 25-50% drop in ow.

475 OS seems like a reasonable target right now. 

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Wasnt this Armond guy the same who broke Get Outs perfect 100% rating?

Yes it was the same GIT

6 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Um I think Avengers 3 has about an 80% of beating it.  I dont see any reason for the film to crash from Civil War considering how GOTG did 390 million.

However, I do agree that domestically I don't see many comic book movies beating WW really. 

He was talking about WW's legs not its total

6 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

League of it's own in terms of legs.

1 hour ago, LaughingEvans said:

One can only hope that DC will now give some chances to their less known but excellent superheroes like Plastic Man, Ted Kord & Booster Gold or Mr.Terrific.

But who am I kidding, bring in MORE BATMAN

Those are some interesting choices. I'd love a Blue Beetle movie, but only if it stars the Jaime Reyes version. Hawkman/Hawkgirl would also be cool. Solo movies are the future!

1 minute ago, El Gato said:

Those are some interesting choices. I'd love a Blue Beetle movie, but only if it stars the Jaime Reyes version. Hawkman/Hawkgirl would also be cool. Solo movies are the future!

They'll make a Jaime Reyes version long before they do a Kord version. (We'll probably never see Booster Gold at all)