DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

You know what, I can no longer defend, cape or protect WB what shit was that???

I come as someone who LOVES MOS AND BVS but damn, idek what to say. 

Burn under 100M JL

BURN. SHAME ON THE EXECS, SHAME ON JOSS, Partial Shame on Zack. This movie is a MESS.

I take back every over prediction, money I spent and time I spent defending BvS and MoS.

Everything burns...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSp_gYnhmslbGxzfhpPujO

7vfhZf6.gif

Shit's gotta change. This is how the cookie crumbles, WoM finally caught up to them.

Oh how the (not so mighty) have fallen.

I am as a fan, rooting against this film. 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

JL is already dropping on imdb even with inflated scores.

Thor 3 has been at 8.2 solid for about 3 weeks straight now.

Public ratings on IMDB and RT are almost completely useless for fanboy driven movies like superhero movies. To give you an example on RT 74k ppl have rated Thor, a movie that has been out for 3 weeks now (4 weeks in many OS countries). For JL there were more than 80k public rating even before its opening day. That should tell you everything about these audience ratings

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, raegr said:

Burn under 100M JL

BURN. SHAME ON THE EXECS, SHAME ON JOSS, Partial Shame on Zack. This movie is a MESS.

I take back every over prediction, money I spent and time I spent defending BvS and MoS.

Everything burns...

7vfhZf6.gif

Shit's gotta change. This is how the cookie crumbles, WoM finally caught up to them.

As someone who's enjoyed them to varying degrees, Justice League got by far the best reaction in the theater of the 3 Snyder films.  People actually seemed to be enjoying themselves and laughing at some of the jokes.  Some things might be messy, but the 'characters' and their interaction seemed to shine to the audience.  Most people at showings of BvS were damn near depressed and bored by the end and with Man of Steel, well lets not get into that.

Still an awful # though.

Edited by AdamKendall

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Public ratings on IMDB and RT are almost completely useless for fanboy driven movies like superhero movies. To give you an example on RT 74k ppl have rated Thor, a movie that has been out for 3 weeks now (4 weeks in many OS countries). For JL there were more than 80k public rating even before its opening day. That should tell you everything about these audience ratings

So justice league score is fake driven by dc fanboys then?

Edited by Lordmandeep

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

All early audience scores are fanbase driven. Have to wait weeks until the score settles down and even then you shouldn't rely on them too much.

Which is why the Thor 3 score is valid.

1 minute ago, franfar said:
7 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

JL might gross below 250m???????????????

:ohmyzod:

With BvS legs, it might gross below 200m

I can't imagine that. I really can't.

But then of cause, JL has already gone unimaginable with that miserable OD and OW.

:gold:

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

The score was far higher on the opening day.

I thought someone posted a few pages ago that it was 74 on opening day or weekend. 

Oh well ... we'll see, I figure it will be closer to Man of Steel flixster score in mid 70's then the SS & BvS low 60's score. 

... but yeah, they always go down, Wonder Woman went down to 89 after being in the low 90's when it came out.  Thor was really consistent around 89-90.

Edited by AdamKendall

Just now, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Funny enough the combined domestic total of DC this year will probably be in line with most people's expectations. Just that the Wonder Woman and Justice League totals were swapped around. 

Yes, the better movie won so hopefully everyone learns a lesson from this

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Funny enough the combined domestic total of DC this year will probably be in line with most people's expectations. Just that the Wonder Woman and Justice League totals were swapped around. 

The message is do solo films with talented directors that can appeal to everyone, not just the hardcore DC fanatics who look for every comic book panel & easter egg (like me) :P

... should have been obvious from the start, but I'm not a corporate CEO. :)

Edited by AdamKendall

15 minutes ago, raegr said:

Burn under 100M JL

Everything burns...

7vfhZf6.gif

If it makes you feel any better Marvel fans were also dissapointed when AOU underperformed to 1,3 billions.