DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

Just now, EmpireCity said:

I didn't have the balls because of last time.  The best I could muster was "It's fine" and that it would make money.  

And I don’t blame you for it. The forums leading up to Wonder Woman was such a toxic environment 

There are people who really like BvS and think it’s a masterpiece. However, I don’t get the impression the people who really liked JL feel that way. It seems to be more that they enjoyed it and were entertained. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeeCee said:

There are people who really like BvS and think it’s a masterpiece. However, I don’t get the impression the people who really liked JL feel that way. It seems to be more that they enjoyed it and were entertained. 

I loved most of it.  The last hour was terrific and the first hour was good.  So I definitely give it a very high mark.  I think they did a lot of things right.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

This is what deflection looks like. I’m sure the WB execs are talking about Thor 3 dropping 64% in its third weekend and not about how their response to the Avengers is a disaster of epic proportions 

The conversation between me and the other was about me saying all week JL was gonna cut into Thor legs and that’s what I responded to.

Theres no defense for the Domestic market from me as far as opening goes but we do have to see the legs and actuals.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Orestes said:

Nah, the quality of a movie, especially big movies like this, rarely has anything to do with a films OW. It comes down to marketing, and if the movie is a sequel, to how the previous movie was received.

Justice League is the sequel to BvS, not Wonder Woman or Suicide Squad, and this pretty much proves that BvS was basically despised by the GA.

That is objectively not true. Thor's stellar reviews had nothing to do with how it did on OW? If JL had a 95% rating on RT a week ago, you still think it would do less than 100m.

The fact that DC’s B team (yes they had the Joker in marketing but we know how that turned out) beat its A team on OW is probably the most mind boggling thing about the numbers. I mean JL is looking to make less than what I had SS pegged for months before release. 

Just now, Christmas baumer said:

I loved most of it.  The last hour was terrific and the first hour was good.  So I definitely give it a very high mark.  I think they did a lot of things right.  

JL or BvS?

22 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

These should be the DC movies going forward which will take at least 5 years:

1. Aquaman

2. Shazam

3. Wonder Woman 2

4. The Batman

5. Man of Steel 2

6. Green Lantern

7. The Flash

After number 8 and beyond should be sequels to those 7 movies above. Simple!

Looks like we think alike kid.

3 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Next DCEU movies should be:

1) Aquaman

2) Shazam

3) Wonder Woman 2

4) The Flash

5) The Batman

6) Green Lantern

7) Man of Steel 2

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rebeccas said:

Feige's contract with Marvel is up next year. Maybe WB can poach him. 

Disney already yanked Marvel Studios away from Perlmutter to keep him, so I imagine it would take some real doing for WB to outdo what Disney would.

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Next DCEU movies should be:

1) Aquaman

2) Shazam

3) Wonder Woman 2

4) The Flash

5) The Batman

6) Green Lantern

7) Man of Steel 2

I don’t think they should make a Batman stand alone movie. It’s too soon and it probably won’t top any of the 3 Nolan films. He should be treated like Hulk, appear in other movies and be the unifying force. 

19 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

I'm going to get a little hopeful and optimistic.

I think the late shows pick up some and we end up with 42 Friday.

Then I think the WOM will help it have a 30% Saturday increase to 37.7

Sunday has a nice drop of 29% to 27 mill.

106.7 mill OW.  Not good at all, but hopefully the legs on this reflect what I've been hearing from people who have seen it.  Hoping for a 2.6-2.7X.

285 mill is bad but not disastrous, if it can do well internationally.

Is this too optimistic?  Maybe.

285M would still be disastrous, that's the lowest domestic DCEU grosser. Potential expectations were for an  Avengers like gross, not this train wreck. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Do you realize we are going to deal with Justice League being called an underrated masterpiece until the Next DC film? 

BvS and Justice League are both art movies that the simple-minded public just couldn't grasp. Everyone knows that.

4 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

To me JL was the perfect definition of a popcorn flick. Nothing groundbreaking but still had some fun and good moments. 

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Brainiac5 said:

The conversation between me and the other was about me saying all week JL was gonna cut into Thor legs and that’s what I responded to.

Theres no defense for the Domestic market from me as far as opening goes but we do have to see the legs and actuals.

Missed that part of the convo and came up with a smart ass response. My bad! But yea you’re right in saying JL cut into Thor 3 judging by Thor 3’s drop. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lestranger said:

That is objectively not true. Thor's stellar reviews had nothing to do with how it did on OW? If JL had a 95% rating on RT a week ago, you still think it would do less than 100m.

Thor had been dominating social media talk long before reviews hit, and it started when the teaser trailer dropped out of nowhere and knocked many socks off.

Advertising.

Edited by Orestes

1 minute ago, Brainiac5 said:

Don't be surprise if make 42M+ tonite, and more than 100s weekend... here in Miami is  selling very well. Lots of sellouts 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lestranger said:

A movie that had a 300 million production budget (total releasing costs will push 850 million) 

550 million releasing cost would be unheard off, I think

Biggest world P&A&shipping&tax and others in the leaked Sony accounting, in millions:

SPIDER-MAN 3 243.218
DA VINCI CODE THE 221.690
2012 201.416
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 1 199.078
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 191.790
ANGELS & DEMONS 187.835
HANCOCK 168.421
MEN IN BLACK 3 145.862

Warner brother leaked distribution accounting did show a 180m-190m for an giant Harry Potter world release if you include the translation cost, shipping, taxes, etc .... and everything like that.

With print cost being lower by now and current exchange rate, I do not see why Justice World releasing cost would be significantly more than say 175 to 220m

Just now, druv10 said:

285M would still be disastrous, that's the lowest domestic DCEU grosser. Potential expectations were for an  Avengers like gross, not this train wreck. 

When $285M domestic is being optimistic for a JUSTICE LEAGUE movie, that’s when you know someone fucked up. 

• Like 1