DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

4 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

I agree, if the rumors are true and it costs $450m production and marketing, and needs a $900m break-even, that will be very tough to reach. But those are rumors. 

A $95m DOM OW doesn't mean the film will lose money, jury is still out so why not wait until more returns come in before declaring  a disaster? I suspect it's because of haters eager to be gleeful - though you've proven not to be one of those. 

youre too too obsessed with losing money. Losing money or not these are bad numbers for this  film 

Edited by John Marston

Random i know, but i watched the 2013 Evil Dead remake the other day, expecting shit - and i have to say its actually very entertaining. Doesnt have to hide itself too much from the original and its awesome sequels. I was pleasently surprised. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Random i know, but i watched the 2013 Evil Dead remake the other day, expecting shit - and i have to say its actually very entertaining. Doesnt have to hide itself too much from the original and its awesome sequels. I was pleasently surprised. 

yeah i liked that movie. was disappointed when don't breathe kinda stunk though.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

At $33m, that is about a 28% increase from true Friday. Good jump, but not enough to put it in position for a nice fudge job from WB to reach $100m weekend tomorrow morning. They would have to report a Sunday projection of only 14.5% drop, which is delusional for this time of year. Guess we should not be surprised if they do it anyway, knowing full well that the actual will be around 30% drop.

They are not going to report an estimate that it's not going to happen. Imagine the headlines and how more embarrassing would be.

Sun. est.: Justice League opens to $100M OW.

Mon. act>: Justice League opens to less than previously estimated $100M weekend with actual $9*M.

Doctor Strange have a 129% jump on friday and 64% jump on saturday, last year

Ragnarok have a 139% jump on friday, wondering if it could have a 60-ish% jump today too

Similar jumps and drops for Ragnarok compared to Strange bring around $ 22M this weekend for Ragnarok [a normal 62% drop, DS drop 59% last year against Fantastic Beasts]

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

No, it's too early to tell if it will make money or not. Jury is still out but folks like you are acting like a financial bath is in the bag. 

Ah, yes, because WB was hoping for "to early to tell" if they will make back their investment. Look how low the bar has been set.

If the question is if JL would make any money, and not how much of a profit it would turn, then the battle is already lost for WB.

• Like 1

Rth provided some international numbers

UK - GBP6.5-7m weekend. God awful number. Thor opened to 12-13 for reference (although to be fair Thor opened on tuesday vs Fri I believe for JL)

Aus - AUD8m weekend. That number is 21% behind Thor despite JL having an OD same as Thor. 

Mod edit:added currency for clarity. 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1