DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

32 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Blame game has began and surprise surprise some of the hardcore DCEU fans are blaming WB and Joss Whedon for the changes in Justice League that apparently resulted in its poor box office.

I’m surprised JL turned out how it did considering the production seemed like a huge mess.

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Unless  really pickes up Sunday, looks as if under 100 Million OW is happening.

Monday really gong to be fun at WB headquarterds in LA.....

Only thing that is “saving” them is they’ve have like 4-5 other big hits this year. They didn’t need JL to be huge. Yes it’s way underperforming but they can handle it. Any other year this would have been their flagship title. 

13 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Unless  really pickes up Sunday, looks as if under 100 Million OW is happening.

Monday really gong to be fun at WB headquarterds in LA.....

$100M is dead and gone. Even going with Rth's high end, Justice League would need a 15% Sunday drop to hit $100M. 

• Disbelief 1

Like I was saying earlier, my showing wasn't even halfway full 10 minutes to showtime, and it only got about 60% full/150 people. The 3D showing beforehand only had like 40-60 people come out of it. I won't be surprised if Saturday goes down a bit more.

12 hours ago, dashrendar44 said:

Oh, allright, it's all about not ruining your fun when Puerto Rico is in ruins and could care less about a stupid funny book movie to save WB's ass.

A joke on a box office forum isn't gonna effect Puerto Rico. Your time will be better spent donating some water.

10 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

They won't try to fudge the estimate to get there, will they?

Would not be that surprising. Actual would come in around $95m, but they need the "positive" headline on Sunday morning that it made $100m...never mind that this is about half of what they envisioned when this project was greenlit. 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

They won't try to fudge the estimate to get there, will they?

They added 4m to BVS's 166 but 4 out of 166 is still only a 2.4% error. Here they will need do add 5-7% to make it to 100m. I hope they don't. There is not much to salvage.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jordanstine said:

For JL? You're saying 3.2x multiplier?

Well, I think if it follows Fantastic Beasts, it gets 290ish.  I am just all caught up on the concept of Batman and millions of people (children especially) chanting Batman over and over for the next 9 days or so.  Maybe it does do a 3+ multiplier, but it will happen on the strength of the next 9 days.  Batman v Superman had a Sunday - Thursday that looked like this.  I see Justice League gaining ground, but unfortunately dropping 50%+ in week 3. 

BATMAN V SUPERMAN SUNDAY - THURSDAY

$33,791,754
$166,007,347
-33.3% / -
- / -
4,242 / $7,966
$39,134
$166,007,347 / 3

$15,040,496

-55.5% / -

4,242 / $3,546

$181,047,843 / 4

$12,180,163

-19% / -

4,242 / $2,871

$193,228,006 / 5

$8,102,420

-33.5% / -

4,242 / $1,910

$201,330,426 / 6
$7,742,367
$209,072,793
-4.4% / -
- / -
4,242 / $1,825
$49,286
$209,072,793 / 7

Edited by Matrix4You

5 hours ago, RichWS said:

I think all "It could miss 200!" takes are overblown. Unless there's an epic collapse ahead this week, there's no reason to think it won't miss it. If it shows Suicide Squad legs, it gets to 225. 

Like "below 100" a month ago is never in anyone's probable prediction. :hahaha:

• Like 1

My sold out showing (in one of the largest auditoriums, which it switched with Justice League from yesterday) for Wonder tonight collectively applauded when it ended. I won't be surprised if this legs it out to become the next surprise $150M+ grosser.

• Like 1

the real problem with JL is WB keep thinking that a serious/dark film can't money, but the truth is, it is a bad movie can't make money.

They think they can get the audience by making crowd-pleaser and try to mask critics, but the truth is, audience are with critics, except for SS, the poor legs of MOS,BVS and awesome legs for WW, actually indicate that the audience are quite agree with critics, they have failed to understand the power of critics, if you can't please critics, don't ever try to make a trailer....even SH genre are in the peak right now.... 

• Like 1