DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

33 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Rth provided some international numbers

UK - GBP6.5-7m weekend. God awful number. Thor opened to 12-13 for reference (although to be fair Thor opened on tuesday vs wed/thur? I believe for JL)

Aus - AUD8m weekend. That number is 21% behind Thor despite JL having an OD same as Thor. 

Mod edit:added currency for clarity. 

Ummm, weird comparison. Thor 3 opened to £12m and it was a 6 day total during a holiday week where all schools in the UK were off for the full week. 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh. Nothing about this Saturday decrease indicates horrific legs especially with Thanksgiving week coming up. 

I think it'll be ALRIGHT during the week and drop 54% or so next weekend. It'll fall off a cliff after that, but we'll get there.

Edited by RichWS

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Ummm, weird comparison. Thor 3 opened to £12m and it was a 6 day total during a holiday week where all schools in the UK were off for the full week. 

I did mention that Thor opened on Tuesday. Did you miss that?

3 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

JL opened on Friday.

Did it? I'll correct it now. I was going by Imdb

32-33 is a 24-28% bump from true Friday of 25.8. Thor3 bumped 38%.

If does the higher end on Sat and has a strong hold on Sun, can make it to 95:

23.2 (-29.7%) // thor3 was -27%

95 ow

(thinking 93.5 will happen)

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Blankments said:
  1. Logan
  2. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
  3. Wonder Woman
  4. Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
  5. Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie
  6. The LEGO Batman Movie
  7. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  8. Split
  9. Kingsman: The Golden Circle
  10. Power Rangers
  11. Atomic Blonde
  12. Death Note
  13. Justice League
  14. Ghost in the Shell

GODDAMNIT I HATE MYSELF I FORGOT THOR

1. Logan
  3. Wonder Woman
  4. Thor: Ragnarok
  5. Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
  6. Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie
  7. The LEGO Batman Movie
  8. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  9. Split
  10. Kingsman: The Golden Circle
  11. Power Rangers
  12. Atomic Blonde
  13. Death Note
  14. Justice League
  15. Ghost in the Shell
  • Like 5

So, I just got back from watching Murder on the Orient Express. I think it's a very well-made film with some great performances from all of the cast, with shoutouts to Branaugh and Ridley, but I have very mixed feelings about the ending.

Three of the screenings for Wonder at my local movie theater were sold out at least 25 minutes before they were supposed to start. I have a feeling the film is going to have incredible legs given the A+ Cinemascore it has. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Blankments said:

GODDAMNIT I HATE MYSELF I FORGOT THOR

1. Logan
  3. Wonder Woman
  4. Thor: Ragnarok
  5. Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
  6. Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie
  7. The LEGO Batman Movie
  8. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  9. Split
  10. Kingsman: The Golden Circle
  11. Power Rangers
  12. Atomic Blonde
  13. Death Note
  14. Justice League
  15. Ghost in the Shell

Just thinking about that film makes my blood boil 

anger-o.gif

Knowing this is a tiny sample and at risk of a post suggesting lowering of estimates right after I post it I've been watching AMC Burbank, Disney Springs, Empire, and my local popular theater (+surrounding theaters) and showings have looked quite solid all day.  Maybe this finally found some footing and numbers will rise a bit.

Just now, YourMother said:

Wonder, JL and The Star are looking really good at Menomonee here. My showing for JL was almost sold out. Wonder sold out, and The Star is about to sell out.

The pent-up demand for any good family movie since, I don't know what this year, is finally getting a chance to explode this weekend.  It feels good to see such a good weekend, even with JL underperforming.  Maybe families will get good works every month, and not have to wait for holiday and summer periods...Like Coco could have been a bonkers early October release...(yes, I'm gonna hold this grudge b/c I literally went 4 months without taking my fam to a movie b/c there was NOTHING and what there was were bad movies derived from toys, bad sequels, and computer apps!  It would have been so nice to enjoy that movie when it was meant to be enjoyed - lucky Mexico - I'd have gone if I was there:)...

• Like 2