DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

It would need to to 795 to overtake Pirates which is at 794 (Pirates will finish 10th after Thor and SW overtakes it). A week ago under 800 would have been unfathomable. Now it doesn't seem so silly especially if it does below 300 dom

Thinking around 775 at most right now. 750 not locked either.

250 + 475 = 725 won't surprise me.

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, 75Live said:

so it's now doubled?  that's an interesting sale

and the annual payment goes down the same amount is already is?  :o  that's a great deal too

:P 

Fixed. Grrr. It's a great deal!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

$300M domestic has been off the table for awhile, honestly.

I'd rather wait till we have Saturday numbers at least before calling 300 off. But yeah if the OW falls below 110-115 then 300 would be gone. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

WB dropped the ball on marketing.

I think opening a team up superhero movie right after THOR:R (basically another semi team up) is a mistake ...perhaps it was just too much superhero movie in a short span...so folks are not in a hurry to watch it.

I can't wait to see how it pans out next year with a full year fill with ComicBook Super movies....

Just now, Subzero said:

I think opening a team up superhero movie right after THOR:R (basically another semi team up) is a mistake ...perhaps it was just too much superhero movie in a short span...so folks are not in a hurry to watch it.

I can't wait to see how it pans out next year with a full year fill with ComicBook Super movies....

Curious about this too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XO21 said:

BvS $27.7m

SS $20.5m

Homecoming $15.4m

Thor R $14.5m

JL $13.0m

WW $11.0m

The decline yikes

Maybe people are finally starting to get burned out. My theaters were packed for Thor and JL...but slower for Wonder Woman and Homecoming. I think there were only 2 other people in the theater for Wonder Woman when I saw it. Shame because that's by far the best one out of all of those.

Avengers: IW will see a big bump of course but I dunno about Black Panther.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Subzero said:

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Curious about this too.

I have also heard a number of folks saying they are gonna catch it Next weekend.

Just now, somebody85 said:

Maybe people are finally starting to get burned out. My theaters were packed for Thor and JL...but slower for Wonder Woman and Homecoming. I think there were only 2 other people in the theater for Wonder Woman when I saw it. Shame because that's by far the best one out of all of those.

Avengers: IW will see a big bump of course but I dunno about Black Panther.

Another thing when comparing JL to BVS ,SS and WW we also have to look at the dates.

BVs has Good Friday the day after so much bigger preview.

SS was in Summer also WW.

It May not be saying much but I think it’s something to take into consideration.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Subzero said:

Well this year we had 6 live action SH movies and barring JL they all did extremely well critically as well as BO wise. Next year we have 7 live action SH movies which is just one more. I think they will be fine. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Brainiac5 said:

I have also heard a number of folks saying they are gonna catch it Next weekend.

I didn't mean that. I more so meant we may see the ceiling OW/TOTAL start to gradually dip for these MCU, DCEU, etc. Of course a lot of people will see it next weekend. That's the same case for just about any tentpole released the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Just now, Brainiac5 said:

Another thing when comparing JL to BVS ,SS and WW we also have to look at the dates.

BVs has Good Friday the day after so much bigger preview.

SS was in Summer also WW.

It May not be saying much but I think it’s something to take into consideration.

I'm not just talking about JL though, I'm talking about the previews numbers for the others too. Was GOTG Vol 2 a lot higher? Logan? I can't remember.

Yeah...thinking back, there weren't a ton of people in my screening of Homecoming either. Saw all of them on Thursday night.