That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

6 minutes ago, BXT said:

Justice League looks on track for $700 million WW. I wonder how it would've done if Snyder had stayed on as the director because it doesn't look like Whedon added a lot of positive to the movie.

To be fair to both of them.  We don't really know what was Whedon, Snyder or some of both.  It's also hard for a new director to come in mid-production, especially one with a very different style than the old one.  

1 minute ago, BXT said:

Justice League looks on track for $700 million WW. I wonder how it would've done if Snyder had stayed on as the director because it doesn't look like Whedon added a lot of positive to the movie.

It probably would've done worse. 

Seriously, Snyder directed a movie so poorly received that a Justice League movie is now on track to gross less than a Thor sequel and something called Guardians of The Galaxy. 

JL at best is OK. If Snyder came back and gave us yet another BVS disaster do you think this thing would even touch $650m?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AJG said:

It probably would've done worse. 

Seriously, Snyder directed a movie so poorly received that a Justice League movie is now on track to gross less than a Thor sequel and something called Guardians of The Galaxy. 

JL at best is OK. If Snyder came back and gave us yet another BVS disaster do you think this thing would even touch $650m?

Put it this way in less than 3days 100,000 fans signed the Directors cut petention.

Many people are saying they skipped out of JL because they Knew WB cut je story up just by looking at the run time.

Maybe Many Things didn’t work in a JL favors and not Showing Superman May have been one of them.

But we will never know what could’ve been W/WO Whedon.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It seems clear me last weekend was the weekend when WB became Lionsgate and Lionsgate became WB. Everyone ready for the Robin Hood Cinematic Universe?

Already looking forward to Merry Men Origins: Friar Tuck.

Edited by Orestes

12 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Put it this way in less than 3days 100,000 fans signed the Directors cut petention.

Many people are saying they skipped out of JL because they Knew WB cut je story up just by looking at the run time.

Maybe Many Things didn’t work in a JL favors and not Showing Superman May have been one of them.

But we will never know what could’ve been W/WO Whedon.

100,000. That’s like what... a million dollars in ticket sales. That’s nothing.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It seems clear me last weekend was the weekend when WB became Lionsgate and Lionsgate became WB. Everyone ready for the Robin Hood Cinematic Universe?

The Divergent Rangers Games Universe.

1 minute ago, AJG said:

100,000. That’s like what... a million dollars in ticket sales. That’s nothing.

I guess but who knows how many repeat viewings or how many also feels this way.

Im not making excuses for this film I just brought up a point as it seems some hated BVS and stayed home and Some Hated Joss Whedon taking over and stayed home.

Also many are saying they knew since the run time was too short that WB did Another BVS and cut the story down.

Ill admit they did this as it clear as pleasant day the film is missing a few story beats(not saying it’s a total mess).

Uphill battle is the perfect way to describe it.

8 hours ago, YourMother said:

Pixar Rankings:

1.) Ratatouille 

2.) The Incredibles 

3.) Inside Out

4.) Toy Story 3

5.) Nemo

6.) Toy Story 2

7.) UP

8.) Monsters Inc.

9.) Wall-E

10.) Finding Dory

11.) Cars 3

12.) Toy Story

13.) The Good Dinosaur 

14.) A Bug’s Life

15.) Monsters University 

16.) Cars

17.) Brave 

18.) Cars 2

2 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Warner Bros is paying the price for what they did with BVS and SS. Third time is a charm. JL is much, much better than BVS and SS, but a price has to be paid.

Yeah, bad movies can also make a ton of money ( like the Transformers movies ), but a price has to be paid. JL is "DC's The Last Knight of the series". At some point, audiences will drop it.

I really loved Justice League, though perhaps its failure is gonna send a message to WB. Let's hope they finally get it. NO Snyder, NO Snyder and NO Snyder. I like the guy, but he's very, very divisive. You can't have a divisive dude giving 3 divisive movies and expect people to flock theaters to watch them.  

That didn't stop the Fast and Furious franchise. Fast Five was coming after three maligned sequels, the last two of them from the same exact director. Opened to $95 million adjusted, more than Justice League, and a record for the series.

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

That didn't stop the Fast and Furious franchise. Fast Five was coming after three maligned sequels, the last two of them from the same exact director. Opened to $95 million adjusted, more than Justice League, and a record for the series.

Fast Five was also batshit insane (in a good way), brought in The Rock, and connected almost every character from the previous films. It was like The Avengers before The Avengers.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

JL was always doomed being the sequel to the disliked BvS.

I agree. Even if the movie had good reviews (fresh @ RTs) wouldn't have the huge numbers we hoped.

Would have done much better than it does now no doubt about that but not the numbers many anticipated.