efialtes76

Weekend Thread | Coco 19M, JL 9.4M, Wonder 9.3M, TDA 6.4M, T:R 6.25M, DH2 5.7M, MOTOE 5M (Deadline estimates) | Bunch of Awardsy stuff making money too

Excellent number for Coco, first time it has been ahead of Moana on Friday. Makes it highly likely it outperforms Moana this weekend. If it has another insane Sunday hold it could go 19.5 - 20.

OK for JL. Sort of following how it has been for the last 10-12 days - 90% of FB on weekends. It's current tracking puts it about 242, but that assumes it continues to run 90% of FB. Giving it is running behind in dailies it is likely to leave theaters a little faster causing it to fall a little further off the pace late. Still think right around 240.

With bad weather on the East Coast affecting the ability of people to see movies on Friday and Saturday I wonder if Sunday drops will be smaller as some move movie watching plans to Sunday.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The Star finally drops week over week on Friday, but it was only off 10%...maybe the movie can get a zero percent drop for the weekend if the weather holds off on the East Coast...

The Star is in the "better late than never" category for box office:)...

Deadline update on the indies. That's quite great for everything (especially Darkest Hour). lol Wonder Wheel though.

The Shape of Water  (FSL), 41 theaters (+39) / $402K Fri (+631%)/3-day cume: $1.22M (+635%) /PTA: $29,8k /Total: $1.45M/Wk 2

Darkest Hour (FOC), 53 theaters (+49)/ $224K Fri (+833%) /3-day cume: $783K (+625%) /PTA: $14,7k/ Total: $1.2M/ Wk 3

Call Me By Your Name  (SPC), 9 theaters (+5)/ $84K Fri (+9%)/3-day cume: $254k (-14%) /PTA: $28,2k /Total: $1.3M/Wk 3

I, Tonya (NEON), 4 theaters / $84k Fri/PTA: $61k/3-day cume: $244k/Wk 1

Wonder Wheel (AMZ), 47 theaters (+42)/ $47,3K Fri (+45%)/3-day cume: $148,7k (+14%)/PTA: $3,1k /Total: $315K/Wk 2

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Deadline update on the indies. That's quite great for everything (especially Darkest Hour). lol Wonder Wheel though.

The Shape of Water  (FSL), 41 theaters (+39) / $402K Fri (+631%)/3-day cume: $1.22M (+635%) /PTA: $29,8k /Total: $1.45M/Wk 2

Darkest Hour (FOC), 53 theaters (+49)/ $224K Fri (+833%) /3-day cume: $783K (+625%) /PTA: $14,7k/ Total: $1.2M/ Wk 3

Call Me By Your Name  (SPC), 9 theaters (+5)/ $84K Fri (+9%)/3-day cume: $254k (-14%) /PTA: $28,2k /Total: $1.3M/Wk 3

I, Tonya (NEON), 4 theaters / $84k Fri/PTA: $61k/3-day cume: $244k/Wk 1

Wonder Wheel (AMZ), 47 theaters (+42)/ $47,3K Fri (+45%)/3-day cume: $148,7k (+14%)/PTA: $3,1k /Total: $315K/Wk 2

I was at a showing of I, Tonya at the Angelika Film Center in NYC last night, and there was a mass panic about an (actually non-existent) shooter where everyone fled the theater. Given that it's at only four theaters nationwide, that might have affected the opening night fairly substantially.

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, LastConformist said:

I was at a showing of I, Tonya at the Angelika Film Center in NYC last night, and there was a mass panic about an (actually non-existent) shooter where everyone fled the theater. Given that it's at only four theaters nationwide, that might have affected the opening night fairly substantially.

:gold:

At least everyone is safe.

I’m glad to be on the West then lol it’s unseasonably great weather everywhere, hot in Los Angeles, clear and sunny for 10 straight days in Portland (which never ever happens in any part of the November - May time), and just nice up and down. No storms here.

Looks like a real snooze fest this weekend. I need to go catch up on Coco and Murder before TLJ comes out though. Only have a few days...

20 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

Is anyone in Chrome getting this weird issue on the site. The like/qoute bar is in the middle of conversation boxes instead of on the bottom.

sxJLPAh.jpg

Yeah it's been like that for a while for me, I've gotten used to it

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

Is anyone in Chrome getting this weird issue on the site. The like/qoute bar is in the middle of conversation boxes instead of on the bottom.

sxJLPAh.jpg

I don't have that problem, but I do have this thing where I'm getting google ads for the goddamn Gragra action figure.  @CoolioD1

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1