CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

9 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

This thread is getting stupid....

This will easily be the highest grossing film of the year by New Years Day and people are trying to suggest it is a colossal failure. 

It will be a highly successful film with a divisive reaction.

Like IW and JW2 likely won't make as much as this film made in its first 3 weekends.  

Of course but episode 9 won't be in as good a place, also I don't think it will break 700 now

5 minutes ago, George Parr said:

*sigh*

Yes, clearly people are afraid to give an honest opinion on a message board, a place where they can act in anonymity. That makes a ton of sense...

Might be a good idea for you to learn what the word opinion means. Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean that everyone secretly shares it, even if they claim otherwise.

:winomg:I have never said that people secrectly agrees with me even if they claim otherwise. I just stated the fact that many users is reading this topic but many of them didn't share their opinion. If they enjoyed it why they don't write this?

• Like 1

Funny how some SW-fans are saying "Not my SW" when i myself consider the prequel-dumpster fire as not worthy of the name Star Wars. Every second of The Last Jedi is better than the whole Prequel Trilogy.

• Like 2

Just now, weresweresweres said:

:winomg:I have never said that people secrectly agrees with me even if they claim otherwise. I just stated the fact that many users is reading this topic but many of them didn't share their opinion. If they enjoyed it why they don't write this?

A lot have shared their opinions here and on the spoiler thread. Plus, it’s the beginning of the first full day. Most people haven’t even seen the movie yet. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weresweresweres said:

Umm...because many of us haven't seen it? (I'm one of them) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

Of course but episode 9 won't be in as good a place, also I don't think it will break 700 now

Go back and look at what fanboys were saying in letters columns and conventions in 1980.

Empire was MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH more divisive than this. The Vader reveal was met with anger and pissed off fans of ANH. The poor reception to ESB upon its release didn't hurt ROTJ at all.

Edited by Cheebs86
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, weresweresweres said:

well, the forum buzz for.this movie here is lower than I expected, I expected more pages and positivity to be honest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Funny how some SW-fans are saying "Not my SW" when i myself consider the prequel-dumpster fire as not worthy of the name Star Wars. Every second of The Last Jedi is better than the whole Prequel Trilogy.

Technically, it is accurate to say notmySW now because the prequels, as the OT, where created by the author's mind directly. Does he still have as much of a saying in what Disney does? 

It took me an hour in a queue to Fandango exchange my tickets (figure we'll go on a cheap Tuesday after Christmas and maybe take my mom, so we won't be sick and it can be a nice Xmas outing)...I was #35 in a queue at 9:05am...not sure if that's normal or not, but I was surprised so many were online so early this morning...

Made a deal with Star Wars fanatic son to have a Rogue One morning tomorrow as a replacement...somehow, I haven't found time to watch it and that will be a good replacement for him (b/c if it's Star Wars, he'll watch it...period:)...

I think many people forget the plot Twist in ESB came to full fruition in ROTJ.

As a result, any issue over that plot twist back then was elevated with a great conclusion where Vader Saves his son with some of the best scenes in the entire Series. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cheebs86 said:

Go back and look at what fanboys were saying in letters columns and conventions in 1980.

Empire was MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH more divisive than this. The Vader reveal was met with anger and pissed off fans of ANH. The poor reception to ESB upon its release didn't hurt ROTJ at all.

I mean we will see, I wasn;t alive in 1980 so I can't say what the reaction but this feels like a good part of the fanbase hates this movie 

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

I think many people forget the plot Twist in ESB came to full fruition in ROTJ.

As a result, any issue over that plot twist back then was elevated with a great conclusion where Vader Saves his son with some of the best scenes in the entire Series. 

ESB pre-ROTJ was a movie that had very mixed reception. ROTJ retroactively made people like ESB

• Like 1

The rate the RT audience score is dropping is pretty fast. As much as there are those who don’t like it, there are many who do. It’s like those who liked it are less likely to post a review while those who really ‘hated’ it want to vent their frustrations. It’s definitely a polarizing film based on reactions here, but I don’t think the RT score going rotten is entirely accurate. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cheebs86 said:

I know for years I always rated ROTJ as my favorite and probably liked ESB the least.   But that of course has changed.

7 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

what if it goes below JW. In 2015 SW7 beat JW by around 44%.

SW8 could go below even with something very healthy/epic like 190 ow * 3.4x = 646 dom

Edited by a2knet