CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

Just now, XO21 said:

So what do fans think? ComScore/Screen Engine reports a mindblowing five-out-of-five stars for the movie and a 90% overall positive with an 82% definite recommend. Forty five percent said that the Rian Johnson-directed movie came in above their expectations while close to 40% said they’ll the movie again in the theater

200.gif

The RT score is definitely being brought down by fanboys who really hate the film and I don't think that score is indicative at all of the overall audience reaction at all (based on a number of message boards I read which include all sorts of different people, not just movie buffs, the audience I saw it with where it was mostly applause and people talking about how great it was with one , friends and family who saw it already, etc.) but it is also clear this isn't universally loved either and those that don't like it for the most part really hate it because of one or two main plot points. 

• Like 2

Just now, XO21 said:

So what do fans think? ComScore/Screen Engine reports a mindblowing five-out-of-five stars for the movie and a 90% overall positive with an 82% definite recommend. Forty five percent said that the Rian Johnson-directed movie came in above their expectations while close to 40% said they’ll the movie again in the theater

200.gif

Truth is that about 60,000 people voted on RT. 

About 4 million people saw it last night. 

2 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

It's an organized campaign across r/movies, metacritic, that french site futurist mentioned really? 

Well, faking stuff on the internet is rather easy, doing so with exit polls is rather tough.

It's way too early to tell though. How about people just wait and see what happens over the next few days?

It's not like endlessly arguing about the same stuff that contradicts each other is somehow going to make one the clear cut truth today.

• Like 1

RT audience score never meant anything, and I have no idea why some clung to the idea that it did.

If you must use some sort of user score to gauge wom, go with IMDB. Bigger sample size.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 2

I mean after seeing Last Jedi I definitely know why this is getting voted down on RT and also that my audience of more casual fans ate it all the hell up. So.....this doesn't mean anything. I think 42m for previews, btw.

• Like 2

I saw it with my two kids and we enjoyed the movie a lot. It sometimes felt long, because it was long - but it was really enjoyable and we got some fast-paced moving stories. I enjoyed it more than TFA, which felt long as well, but it really was just introducing characters, played the nostalgia feeling and did not have any actual meaningful story, except the last part of the movie. TLJ gave a bunch of ooh moments too.

So, while the audience might say yea or nay after the first watch, I think people will think of TLJ as a positive step forward for the SW franchise.

• Like 2