CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

4 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

105m? Hope that sticks because that would be great! 

Both asgards gave us 105/105.2 so it's a done deal.

Amazing that a December OD would be the 6th biggest OW this year behind Batb, Gotg2, IT, Thor3, Smh

• Like 2

Some international numbers:

South Korea

EP8:

THU: 115,256

FRI:  107,459 -6.8%

EP7:  

THU: 167,315

FRI: 168,416    +0.7%

Germany: 1.75m admissions (-18% in $, -20% in admissions compared to TFA)

Australia: ($7m OD (est $21m OW) -25% from TFA)

Brazil: ($2.5m OD vs $2.7m for TFA)

Russia: (-51% drop from TFA)

It's done $60.8m in two days so far.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Noctis said:

Some international numbers:

South Korea

EP8:

THU: 115,256

FRI:  107,459 -6.8%

EP7:  

THU: 167,315

FRI: 168,416    +0.7%

Germany: 1.75m admissions (-18% in $, -20% in admissions compared to TFA)

Australia: ($7m OD (est $21m OW) -25% from TFA)

Brazil: ($2.5m OD vs $2.7m for TFA)

Russia: (-51% drop from TFA)

It's done $60.8m in two days so far.

I'm guessing Dom/Overseas will be a little closer than my initial 46%/54% estimate. Could be looking at 49% Dom here.

Absolutely fantastic for SW8. It kept rising with each update, was less frontloaded than SW7. Sunday hold will be super strong because of spillover, it could easily drop similarly to SW7.

228.4M

With 3.25 X 742M

3.5 X 799M+

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

$800m world wide! Now that would be interesting.

Yes, I'm also pretty certain Coco is going to get over 800M WW, potentially even higher, owing to its run in China. Hoping for it to get over Inside out ($855M).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NCsoft said:

Yes, I'm also pretty certain Coco is going to get over 800M WW, potentially even higher, owing to its run in China. Hoping for it to get over Inside out ($855M).

170 + 230 = 400 China + Dom

55 + 45 = 100 Mexico + Japan

These 4 markets give 500.

Moana did 302 from rest of the markets. That would give Coco 800+.

And Dom and Japan at least could add more than 230 and 45 I have used above.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

I heard someone call TLJ anti-male vegan propaganda online...

It’s anti-male now to have women in movies who aren’t cooking and cleaning and just looking pretty?! It’s fine to criticize a movie but where in gods name are they getting anti-male out of the thing from lol. There are some nutjobs out there I swear.

the Alt-right has been getting bolder and crazier this year...

I'm not the biggest fan of Star Wars, but can't imagine not liking them or even hating on them because the actors are too diverse or that it promotes "female power". Those are just absurd reasons to hate on a film.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

the Alt-right has been getting bolder and crazier this year...

I'm not the biggest fan of Star Wars, but can't imagine not liking them or even hating on them because the actors are too diverse or that it promotes "female power". Those are just absurd reasons to hate on a film.

It's not even just the Alt-Right, these mindsets have been around in many aspects of society for ages in "good" people. 

That's why I'm so glad I found this forum, because while I do get beyond annoyed with some people, this is lightyears better than r/movies.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

170 + 230 = 400 China + Dom

55 + 45 = 100 Mexico + Japan

These 4 markets give 500.

Moana did 302 from rest of the markets. That would give Coco 800+.

And Dom and Japan at least could add more than 230 and 45 I have used above.

Yeah, I also think Japan could contribute more, maybe Argentina and Brazil can surprise and do really great (Latin American market has been pretty good so far), I'm hoping for a breakout in SK (considering how much China loved it). I think it might be able to do close to $185M in China so maybe a little more. 

• Like 2

Oh, interesting feedback on the movie that I was reading on a Disney fan board...do you think the wildly different feedback we've gotten on the movie is an age difference?  Those 45+ (so older than normal 25+) are just less accepting of any changes to the Star Wars concepts than younger folks who literally didn't grow up with OT?

I don't think all the hate is trolls, b/c the Disney board doesn't have trolls and yet they still have some folks who say they hate absolutely everything about this movie, while others say it's the best movie done (and these folks are age split:)...and maybe the voters on RottenTomatoes.com are more in the 45+ group:)...

• Like 1